About Sem Phali
Phaseolus lunatus is a legume grown for its edible seeds or beans. Lima bean are two types, bush and pole or vine varieties. Bush lima bean varieties are ready for harvest from 60 to 80 days from sowing; pole bean varieties are ready for harvest in 85 to 90 days.
|Common Name || butter bean, Theobroma cacao,seim bean,lablab bean|
|Height ||20.00 to 30.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||white|
|Bloom Time ||Seasonal bloomer|
|Difficulty Level ||easy to grow|
Planting and care
- To help conserve water, reduce stress, and encourage healthy growth, apply a 2- to 4-inch layer of chopped and shredded leaves, grass clippings, or shredded bark around the base of your plants
- Allow about an inch of space between the mulch and the base stem of the plant
Sem Phali care
- They are usually shipped in the spring as bare roots when plants are fully dormant, well before they have leafed out
- They’ll look like a bundle of sticks on arrival
- Note, they are not dead—simply dormant
- If you are buying container-grown plants (vs
- bare-root plants), plant them by May or early June for best results
|Sunlight ||Full sun to part shade|
|Soil ||well-drained soil that are loamy sandy and averagely mild can suit its growth.|
|Temperature ||65 F|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
|Harvest Season ||November to january|
Sem Phali special feature
Commercially grown pantropically for its seeds/beans. Interesting small ornamental tree for tropical areas.
Sem Phali uses
- it is good for digestive system, relieving constipation, help in weight loss
The sem phalli (pulses) contains good protein
- Lima beans are an excellent source of molybdenum and a very good source of dietary fiber, copper and manganese
- Lima beans are good sources of folate, phosphorus, protein, potassium, vitamin B1, iron, magnesium and vitamin B6
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist
- sem phali green pod is consumed as vegetable and its bean as pulse
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do sem phali grow?
On average sem phali grows 20.00 to 30.00 feet
What color are sem phali?
A sem phali plant bears flowers of color white
How hard is sem phali to grow?
A sem phali is easy to grow
How much sunlight does a sem phali need?
A sem phali prefers Full sun to part shade
How much water does a sem phali need?
A sem phali prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a sem phali need?
well-drained soil that are loamy sandy and averagely mild can suit its growth.
What temperature does a sem phali like?
How should I fertilize my sem phali?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Sunday, 01 March 2020
Friday, 14 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in