About Capsicum California Wonder
Bell peppers are one of the most popular vegetables grown in home gardens. The bell pepper is native to Central and North America and is easy to grow. There is now a much wider variety of peppers to choose from with different colours and even different shapes.
Peppers are a tender, warm-season crop. They resist most pests and offer something for everyone: spicy, sweet or hot, and a variety of colors, shapes and sizes. For this page, we will focus on sweet bell peppers.
|Common Name ||ornamental pepper, Bell pepper,Paprika, Capsicum annuum, Indian name Shimala mirch |
|Height ||1 to 3 feet |
|Flower Colour ||white|
|Bloom Time ||Year round|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Soil should be well-drained, but maintain adequate moisture either with mulch or plastic covering
Water one to two inches per week, but remember peppers are extremely heat sensitive
- If you live in a warm or desert climate, watering everyday may be necessary
Fertilize after the first fruit set
Weed carefully around plants
If necessary, support plants with cages or stakes to prevent bending
- Try commercially available cone-shaped wire tomato cages
- They may not be ideal for tomatoes, but they are just the thing for peppers
For larger fruit, spray the plants with a solution of one tablespoon of Epsom salts in a gallon of water, once when it begins to bloom, and once ten days later
Capsicum California Wonder care
- Start seeds indoors 8-10 weeks before last spring frost date
The temperature must be at least 70 degrees F for seed germination, so keep them in a warm area for the best and fastest results
Start pepper seeds three to a pot, and thin out the weakest seedling
- Let the remaining two pepper plants spend their entire lives together as one plant
The leaves of two plants help protect peppers against sunscald, and the yield is often twice as good as two segregated plants
Begin to harden off plants about 10 days before transplanting
A week before transplanting, introduce fertilizer or aged compost in your garden soil
After the danger of frost has passed, transplant seedlings outdoors, 18 to 24 inches apart (but keep paired plants close to touching
Soil should be at least 65 degrees F, peppers will not survive transplanting at temps any colder
- Northern gardeners can warm up the soil by covering it with black plastic
Put two or three matchsticks in the hole with each plant, along with about a teaspoon of fertilizer
- They give the plants a bit of sulfur, which they like
|Sunlight ||partial sun|
|Watering ||Moderately |
|Soil ||Loamy with neutral pH|
|Temperature ||18°C and 35°C.|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic manure|
|Harvest Season ||Capsicum will be ready for harvest about 2 months from planting. |
Capsicum California Wonder special feature
For maximum flavour, eat peppers on the same day they are picked. You can also leave them on a kitchen counter for a day or two to ripen further.
Do not place peppers in the crisper drawer or in plastic wrap or bags in the refrigerator. Peppers are warm-weather fruits and do not store well in cold temperatures. If you have too many peppers, consider the following storage options.
Capsicum California Wonder uses
- The fruit of the capsicum plant is used to make medicine
- Capsicum is used for various problems with digestion including upset stomach, intestinal gas, stomach pain, diarrhoea, and cramps
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist
- Can be sliced and seeded and used raw in salads
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do capsicum california wonder grow?
On average capsicum california wonder grows 1 to 3 feet
What color are capsicum california wonder ?
A capsicum california wonder plant bears flowers of color white
How hard is capsicum california wonder to grow?
A capsicum california wonder is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a capsicum california wonder need?
A capsicum california wonder prefers partial sun
How much water does a capsicum california wonder need?
A capsicum california wonder prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a capsicum california wonder need?
What temperature does a capsicum california wonder like?
How should I fertilize my capsicum california wonder ?
Thursday, 12 March 2020
Tuesday, 03 March 2020
Thursday, 06 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in