About Stevia Rebaudiana
Stevia is a tender perennial native to parts of Brazil and Paraguay that favors humid, wet environments, although the root does not tolerate standing water.
Stevia is widely grown for its sweet leaves, which are the source of sweetener products known generically as stevia and sold under various trade names.
Germination : 30%-40%.
|Common Name ||Candyleaf, sweet leaf or sugar leaf|
|Height ||1 to 2 feet|
|Flower Colour ||White|
|Bloom Time ||Mid-Autumn|
|Difficulty Level ||Medium|
Planting and care
- Stevia plants do best in a rich, loamy soil — the same kind in which common garden-variety plants thrive
- Since the feeder roots tend to be quite near the surface, it is a good idea to add compost for extra nutrients if the soil in your area is sandy
Avoid excess watering and cold
- Frequent light watering is recommended during the summer months
Adding a layer of compost or your favorite mulch around each stevia plant will help keep the shallow feeder roots from drying out
Keep the soil evenly moist
If you find pests, spray with a mild insecticide
Stevia Rebaudiana care
- It would be difficult, at best, to start a stevia patch from scratch that is, by planting seeds
- Stevia can be started from seed indoors in late winter
- The stevia seeds need sunlight for the germination process
- Germination is best at 70 to 75 degrees F
- Seedlings should emerge in 7 to 21 days
- When seedlings are large enough to handle, you can transplant them into 3-inch diameter pots
Even if you could get them to germinate, results might well prove disappointing, since stevioside levels can vary greatly in plants grown from seed
|Sunlight ||Full Sun|
|Soil ||Well drained soil|
|Temperature ||20 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Stevia Rebaudiana special feature
Stevia Rebaudiana uses
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose
- It is been used in many medicinal preparations
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do stevia rebaudiana grow?
On average stevia rebaudiana grows 1 to 2 feet
What color are stevia rebaudiana ?
A stevia rebaudiana plant bears flowers of color White
How hard is stevia rebaudiana to grow?
A stevia rebaudiana is Medium
How much sunlight does a stevia rebaudiana need?
A stevia rebaudiana prefers Full Sun
How much water does a stevia rebaudiana need?
A stevia rebaudiana prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a stevia rebaudiana need?
What temperature does a stevia rebaudiana like?
How should I fertilize my stevia rebaudiana ?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Saturday, 29 February 2020
Saturday, 15 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in