Putrajivaka, sutajva, putrakamanjari are few common names of tree putranjiva roxburghii. It is known as karupali or lrukolli in siddha system of medicine.it is native to india and found wild or culativated in almost all parts of country.
Common name: Liodendron H.Keng, Nageia putranjiva, Drypetes roxburghii
Bloom time: june to july
Height: 10m to 12m
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Before you plant, be sure that you choose varieties proven in your climate. When in doubt, All-America Rose Selections winners are good bets. Or check with your local nursery.If you order plants from a mail-order company, order early, in January or February (March at the latest).
Sunlight: Full Sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 25 to 30°C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Also, select a site that gets full sun.
- For dependable blooms, plants need six to eight hours of direct sunlight a day.
- If it’s too shady, the stems will attempt to lean towards the sun or get spindly and fall over.
- Most of the popular varieties prefer acidic to neutral soil, but some are lime-tolerant or prefer alkaline soils.
- Plants love water—but don’t drown them.
- That is, they don’t like to sit in water, and they’ll die if the soil is too wet in winter.
- The ideal soil is rich and loose, with good drainage.
- One of the worst mistakes you can make is to not provide adequate drainage.
- Use mulch.
Along with Drypetes (of the same family), it contains mustard oils as a chemical defense against herbivores. The ability to produce glucosinolates is believed to have evolved only twice, in the Putranjivaceae and the Brassicales
- It is known as karupali or lrukolli in siddha system of medicine.
- It is native to india and found wild or cultivated in almost all parts of contry.
- In delhi, putrajivaka tree can be seen at race coutse foad and many other of lutyens delhi.
for medicinal use
Saturday, 14 March 2020
Thursday, 05 March 2020
Friday, 21 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in