About Calendula Bon Bon Mixed Color
Calendula’s vivid orange or yellow flowers provide not only a splash of color to the garden, but add zest to salads and similar dishes as well. Calendula is exceptionally tolerant of cold weather in fall, and has long been grown as a pot herb for its edible flowers.
|Common Name ||Pot Marigold, English Marigold, Poet s Marigold|
|Height ||12" - 24" |
|Flower Colour ||Orange|
|Bloom Time ||Mid Spring - Mid Fall|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy|
Planting and care
- Space seedlings 12-15 inchesvapart in rich, well-drained soil enriched with organic matter
- Plants thrive in sunny, cool climates; For best performance, grow 40-45° F nights
- Soil should be evenly moist and fertilized moderately
- If growing Calendula in a greenhouse, sow in January for spring blooms or in mid-August for mid-winter blooms
Calendula Bon Bon Mixed Color care
- Sow seeds outdoors a few weeks before the last frost in the spring, or start them indoors 6 to 8 weeks before the last frost
- Avoid warm propagation temperatures, as they will produce weak plants
- Keep the seeds covered with soil, as light inhibits germination
- Start an additional set of seedlings in the summer for optimal fall flowering
|Sunlight ||Full Sun, Partial Shade|
|Watering ||Moist, well-drained|
|Soil ||Clay, Normal, loamy, Poor, Sandy |
|Temperature ||55 to 60 degree C |
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||Calendula will produce lots of seed in a similar fashion to a Zinnia or Marigold. When the blooms dry out, cut them off and hang upside down in bundles. The seeds are contained in the heads, and once dry and crisp, they can be lightly hand-crushed and winnowed from the seed chaff.|
Calendula Bon Bon Mixed Color special featureCalendulas are a very prolific, easy to grow annual flower.
Calendula Bon Bon Mixed Color uses
- Long-lasting daisy-like blooms for cutting are borne on an easy-togrow plant used for edging, borders, containers, and greenhouses
- Used in salves, lotions and balms, the daisy-like flower is more than a pretty face, where it’s anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties are valued for soothing and restoring the skin
- Calendula’s edible flowers and spicy leaves add zest to summer salads and will draw plenty of ooohs and ahhs when presented in a meal
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do calendula bon bon mixed color grow?
On average calendula bon bon mixed color grows 12" - 24"
What color are calendula bon bon mixed color ?
A calendula bon bon mixed color plant bears flowers of color Orange
How hard is calendula bon bon mixed color to grow?
A calendula bon bon mixed color is Easy
How much sunlight does a calendula bon bon mixed color need?
A calendula bon bon mixed color prefers Full Sun, Partial Shade
How much water does a calendula bon bon mixed color need?
A calendula bon bon mixed color prefers watering Moist, well-drained
What kind of soil does a calendula bon bon mixed color need?
Clay, Normal, loamy, Poor, Sandy
What temperature does a calendula bon bon mixed color like?
How should I fertilize my calendula bon bon mixed color ?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Friday, 28 February 2020
Thursday, 20 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in