About Ashwagandha India Ginseng
Ashwagandha is best known for stress Reduction, Neural Protection, and a Lot More from an Ancient Herb Ashwagandha or Withania somnifera or Winter Cherry or Indian ginseng or poison gooseberry is an ayurvedic herb that has been used for centuries in India as an adaptogenic herbal remedy to improve overall health, vitality and longevity. It has remarkable stress-relieving properties comparable to those of powerful drugs used to treat depression and anxiety. Scientific studies support ashwagandha’s ability not only to relieve stress, but also to protect brain cells against the deleterious effects of our modern lifestyles.The benefits of ashwagandha are many; in addition to promoting fertility, aiding in wound care, and boosting the immune system, some other benefits are: Diuretic, Sleep aid, Galactogogue, Anti-epileptic, Anti-tumour, Pain relief, Eye health, Heart tonic, Lowers cholesterol, Regulates, blood sugar, Reduces depression and anxiety, Combats stress, Fights cognitive decline due to brain cell degeneration.
|Common Name ||Aswagandha |
|Height ||3 to 30 feet|
|Difficulty Level ||Moderately easy|
Planting and care
- Ashwagandha is normally quite a low maintenance plant and is normally very easy to grow - great for beginner gardeners!
Ashwagandha India Ginseng care
- Native to India, Ashwagandha bushes will grow to heights of 3 feet or more and produce light green flowers from midsummer onwards which will develop into orange or deep red berries by fall
- Ashwagandha can be direct sown outdoors following the last frost, approximately 3/8" below the surface of the soil and kept evenly moist
- Otherwise, you can sow indoors in early spring to give your starts additional time to develop before going outside
- Sow seeds slightly closer to the surface (1/4") if using flats or other small containers indoors
|Sunlight || Full sun, |
|Watering ||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season|
|Soil ||It needs sandy and well-draining soil in a way that water will drain out quickly, pH level should be around 7.5 – 8, neutral to slightly alkaline. Growing Ashwagandha is not possible in soil that retains moisture and remains waterlogged.|
|Temperature ||20 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic fertilizer|
Ashwagandha India Ginseng uses
- yurvedic properties of Ashwagandha Vajikara- Increases sexual desire Rasayani- Rejuvenates the body Balya- Increases strength Ati shukrala- Improves quality and quantity of semen Shwitrapaha- Useful in management of white discoloration of the skin Shothahara- Useful in management of edematous conditions
- it helps clear impurities (Ama) from the various channels of the body
- Kshayapaha- Useful in treating emaciation and under nutritive conditions Bio energetics: Rasa (Taste)- Tikta (Bitter); Katu (Pungent); Madhura (Sweet) Guna (Characteristics)- Laghu (Light); Snigdha (Unctuous) Veerya (Potency)- Ushna (Warm) Vipaka (Post digestion effect)- Madhura (Sweet) Note: The following information is general guidelines
- Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do ashwagandha india ginseng grow?
On average ashwagandha india ginseng grows 3 to 30 feet
How hard is ashwagandha india ginseng to grow?
A ashwagandha india ginseng is Moderately easy
How much sunlight does a ashwagandha india ginseng need?
A ashwagandha india ginseng prefers Full sun,
How much water does a ashwagandha india ginseng need?
A ashwagandha india ginseng prefers watering Keep soil moist throughout the growing season
What kind of soil does a ashwagandha india ginseng need?
It needs sandy and well-draining soil in a way that water will drain out quickly, pH level should be around 7.5 – 8, neutral to slightly alkaline. Growing Ashwagandha is not possible in soil that retains moisture and remains waterlogged.
What temperature does a ashwagandha india ginseng like?
How should I fertilize my ashwagandha india ginseng ?
Use any organic fertilizer
Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Friday, 28 February 2020
Saturday, 15 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in