Brassica rapa is the scientific name of Tatsoi and it has various cultivars, Tatsoi is one of them. Leaves of this annual plant form a compact, thick rosette. The seeds has 70 percent germination rate.
|Common Name ||Tatsoi, Tah Tsai, Spoon mustard, Spinach mustard, Rosette bok choy|
|Height ||Heads will grow to about 8 to 10 inches.|
|Flower Colour ||Yellow|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- It needs regular watering
Use a fertilizer high in nitrogen
Look for any pest attack and use general purpose pesticides for the primary level
- Suitable for late spring through autumn sowing
- Spring sowing should be made after last frost date to eliminate risk of premature bolting
- You can direct sow or start seed indoors
- You can sow 15 seeds per square feet, 0
- 60 cm deep, and 6 to 8 inches apart (after thinning)
- It germinates in 4 to 8 days
- It matures in approximately 45 days
|Sunlight ||Full sun to partial shade (It needs 4 to 6 hours of sunlight per day.)|
|Soil ||Fertile, well drained |
|Temperature ||17 to 28 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||Harvest before flowering.|
Tatsoi special feature
- It can be grown for its foliage
- It adds mild flavor for salads and stir-fries
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do tatsoi grow?
On average tatsoi grows Heads will grow to about 8 to 10 inches.
What color are tatsoi?
A tatsoi plant bears flowers of color Yellow
How hard is tatsoi to grow?
How much sunlight does a tatsoi need?
A tatsoi prefers Full sun to partial shade (It needs 4 to 6 hours of sunlight per day.)
How much water does a tatsoi need?
A tatsoi prefers watering Moderate
What kind of soil does a tatsoi need?
What temperature does a tatsoi like?
How should I fertilize my tatsoi?
Use any organic fertilizer.
Tuesday, 17 March 2020
Sunday, 01 March 2020
Saturday, 22 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in