About Snake Gourd Chachinda
Snake Gourd grows well in Tropical countries. Snake gourd fruits are white or greenish white in colour and long round having approx. 5 to 6 cm diameter and 100 to 120 cms long. Some short varieties are also being grown which will be having 4 cms diameter and 15 to 20 cms in length.
|Common Name ||Snake gourd, Padwal, Pudalagai Kootu|
|Height ||Up to 30 ft|
|Flower Colour ||White|
|Bloom Time ||Summer, Rainy season, Winter|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Water should be done before soil feels dry
- Snake gourd can also be grown in containers around 5-gallon size
- Containers must have good drainage and cant be moved once the vines attach tendrils to other objects
- Snake gourd cant survives in frost condition
Snake Gourd Chachinda care
- At the time of bed preparation, FYM should be mixed with soil for good yield
- Seeds are sown directly on the bed or pot
- They should be planted 2 cm deep in the bed or pots
- Plastic wrap can be used for mulching purpose to control the weed and water loss
- They should be planted 2 cm deep in pots
|Sunlight ||Full Sun|
|Soil ||Well-drained loamy soil with 6 to 7.5 pH level |
|Temperature ||25 to 30 degree C|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||Summer, Rainy season, Winter|
Snake Gourd Chachinda special feature
Snake gourd can be cultivated all over the world.
Snake Gourd Chachinda uses
- Contain vitamin A, B and C with minerals
- Tender fruits are used for cooking purpose
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do snake gourd chachinda grow?
On average snake gourd chachinda grows Up to 30 ft
What color are snake gourd chachinda ?
A snake gourd chachinda plant bears flowers of color White
How hard is snake gourd chachinda to grow?
A snake gourd chachinda is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a snake gourd chachinda need?
A snake gourd chachinda prefers Full Sun
How much water does a snake gourd chachinda need?
A snake gourd chachinda prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a snake gourd chachinda need?
Well-drained loamy soil with 6 to 7.5 pH level
What temperature does a snake gourd chachinda like?
How should I fertilize my snake gourd chachinda ?
Use any organic fertilizer.
Friday, 13 March 2020
Tuesday, 03 March 2020
Tuesday, 18 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in