About Syzygium Cumini
The evergreen Jamun plant, with oblong opposite leaves that are smooth, glossy and having a terpentine smell. Jamun has fragrant white flowers in branched clusters at stem tips and purplish-black oval edible berries. The leaves are antibacterial and are used for strengthening the teeth and gums.
The fruit and seeds are sweet, acrid, sour.
|Common Name ||Java plum, Jamun, Malabar plum, |
|Height ||30 m|
|Flower Colour ||White|
|Bloom Time ||March to April|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow |
Planting and care
- Apply a high-potassium liquid fertilizer every 2 weeks from early spring until 6 weeks after flowering
Keep moist in winter
Syzygium Cumini care
- cumini prefers moist locations and will tolerate waterlogging thus is commonly found on riverbanks
- Despite its ability to thrive in low, wet areas, the tree also grows well on higher land if well-drained such as loams, marls, sands or oolitic limestone
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Temperature ||13 to 27 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer |
Syzygium Cumini special feature
Food (Herb & Spice: In Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and India, the leaves are used fresh as a culinary herb which has a similar, but stronger flavor than Coriander (Coriandrum sativum).The leaves are used to season meat and other foods in Caribbean, Latin American and Asian cuisines.
Syzygium Cumini uses
- The plant is used for an ornamental purpose
- The fruit and seeds used in diabetes, diarrhea, and ringworm
- The bark is astringent, sweet sour, diuretic, digestive and anthelmintic
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do syzygium cumini grow?
On average syzygium cumini grows 30 m
What color are syzygium cumini?
A syzygium cumini plant bears flowers of color White
How hard is syzygium cumini to grow?
A syzygium cumini is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a syzygium cumini need?
A syzygium cumini prefers Full sun
How much water does a syzygium cumini need?
A syzygium cumini prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a syzygium cumini need?
What temperature does a syzygium cumini like?
How should I fertilize my syzygium cumini?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Wednesday, 12 February 2020
Sunday, 30 September 2018
Superb! Amazing! Excellent ????... Superb germination and healthy plants! Almost all seeds germinated.... The germination rate is 95%, superb quality seeds
Please log in to write a review. Log in