About Punica Granatum
Dwarf pomegranate needs full sun and a well-drained soil mix. Use a soil mix consisting of one part peat moss to one part loam to two parts sand.
|Common Name ||Dwarf pomegranate|
|Height ||2.00 to 4.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||Orange-red|
|Bloom Time ||Seasonal bloomer|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- It generally grows two to four feet high and wide, rarely to six feet high, while with skillful pruning can be restricted to one foot
- It is not only small in stature, but even the flowers and fruit are dwarfed
- The dwarf pomegranate is a deciduous, thorny shrub
- The flowers have an orange-red corolla and the edge of the petals is flesh-colored
Punica Granatum care
- The plants thrive in a semi-arid atmosphere and once established need very little water
- Fertilize on a monthly basis
- Once flowering has begun in mid to late summer, the plant should be watered more frequently to produce lots of flowers
- The plants will bear miniature fruit if grown in areas with year-round temperatures that rarely fall below 40Â° F
|Sunlight ||Full sun to part shade|
|Soil ||Well drained soil |
|Temperature ||30 to 40 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Punica Granatum special feature
The dwarf pomegranate is a good species to use as a bonsai. It makes an excellent container plant that moves easily from the house to the garden in the cooler climate of St. Louis. In areas a zone or two warmer, this shrubby plant does well in the garden year round.
Punica Granatum uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Some varieties are edible
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do punica granatum grow?
On average punica granatum grows 2.00 to 4.00 feet
What color are punica granatum?
A punica granatum plant bears flowers of color Orange-red
How hard is punica granatum to grow?
A punica granatum is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a punica granatum need?
A punica granatum prefers Full sun to part shade
How much water does a punica granatum need?
A punica granatum prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a punica granatum need?
What temperature does a punica granatum like?
How should I fertilize my punica granatum?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Sunday, 15 March 2020
Sunday, 01 March 2020
Monday, 10 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in