About Nephelium Litchi
The lychee, litchi, Liechee, Lichi, Lizhi or lichee is the sole member of the genus Litchi in the soapberry family, Sapindaceae. The plant is evergreen. Litchi fruits are a soft, white, sweet fruit surrounded a leathery brown or red shell and bear the fruits from May to August.
|Common Name ||Litchi chinensis|
|Height ||Up to 30 feet|
|Flower Colour ||Green|
|Bloom Time ||April to May|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Litchi trees are water lovers and should be irrigated regularly
- However, avoid creating waterlogged conditions, which may result in diminished health or root rot
Nephelium Litchi care
- Place one lychee seed into each cup, on its side, at a depth of 3 to 4 inches; then cover
- Place the trays or cups in a warm, sunny place like a windowsill, a sunroom or a greenhouse
- Water regularly to keep the soil damp
- After 3 to 4 weeks, the shoot will grow to 3 to 4 inches in size and develop dark green leaves
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Soil ||Well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||24 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer
Nephelium Litchi special feature
Commercially grown for fruit production. Excellent landscape tree which provides shade, fruit and botanical interest to front or back yards.
Nephelium Litchi uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do nephelium litchi grow?
On average nephelium litchi grows Up to 30 feet
What color are nephelium litchi ?
A nephelium litchi plant bears flowers of color Green
How hard is nephelium litchi to grow?
A nephelium litchi is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a nephelium litchi need?
A nephelium litchi prefers Full sun
How much water does a nephelium litchi need?
A nephelium litchi prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a nephelium litchi need?
What temperature does a nephelium litchi like?
How should I fertilize my nephelium litchi ?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Thursday, 12 March 2020
Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Friday, 07 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in