About Mangifera Indica
It has the considerable shelf life of a week after it is ripe making it exportable. It is also one of the most expensive kinds of mango and is grown mainly in western India.Mango is the leading fruit crop of India and considered to be the king of fruits.
The tropical fruit is called the "King of Fruits" in India. The tree has been around for more than 4000 years in India and was taken to South America by the Portuguese, other parts of South Asia by Indians and to other tropical regions by others. A mango tree needs an ideal climate to grow.It is a tropical fruit and needs a lot of suns to grow and bear fruit.
|Common Name ||Mango, Aamb|
|Height ||Up to 10 to 80 ft|
|Flower Colour ||Whitish green|
|Bloom Time ||Spring, Summer|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Choose the sunniest spot in your garden and dig a 12-inch deep hole
- If the plant is slightly bigger, then dig a slightly deeper hole
- Also, prepare the soil with fertilizers and plant feed before planting the tree
- Plant the tree deep and then pack the soil
- However, make sure that the soil is loosely packed to enhance water absorption
- Control the weed
Mangifera Indica care
- Planting is usually done in the month of July-August in rainfed areas and during February-March in irrigated areas
- Planting spacing should be 10 X 10 m
- Dig pits of 1 m x 1 m x 1 m
- Fill in with topsoil mixed with 10 kg of FYM
|Sunlight ||Full sunlight|
|Soil ||Loamy, alluvial with pH range of 5.5 to 7.5 |
|Temperature ||20 to 35 degree C|
|Fertilizer ||Applied any organic fertilizer or manure. |
|Harvest Season ||Spring, Summer|
Mangifera Indica special feature
Mango delicious taste, excellent flavour and attractive fragrance, it is rich in vitamin A and C.The tree is hardy in nature and requires comparatively low maintenance costs.
Mangifera Indica uses
- Mango plant can be used in the garden
- Mango fruit rich the vitamin A
- Mango fruit is utilised at all stages of its development both in its immature and mature state
- Raw fruits are used for making chutney, pickles and juices
- The ripe fruits besides being used for dessert are also utilised for preparing several products like squashes, syrups, nectars, jams and jellies
- The mango kernel also contains 8-10 percent good quality fat which can be used for soap and also as a substitute for cola in confectionery
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do mangifera indica grow?
On average mangifera indica grows Up to 10 to 80 ft
What color are mangifera indica?
A mangifera indica plant bears flowers of color Whitish green
How hard is mangifera indica to grow?
A mangifera indica is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a mangifera indica need?
A mangifera indica prefers Full sunlight
How much water does a mangifera indica need?
A mangifera indica prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a mangifera indica need?
Loamy, alluvial with pH range of 5.5 to 7.5
What temperature does a mangifera indica like?
How should I fertilize my mangifera indica?
Applied any organic fertilizer or manure.
Monday, 16 March 2020
Tuesday, 03 March 2020
Wednesday, 19 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in