About Citrus Galgal
In India, in terms of area under cultivation, citrus is the third largest fruit industry after Banana and Mango.When you grow a lemon tree in a pot, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
First of all, container lemon trees will not get as large as lemon tree grown in the ground.When growing lemon trees in containers, the needs are very similar to lemon trees growing in the ground. The lemon trees will need good drainage, so make sure the pot has drainage holes.
|Common Name ||Nimboo.|
|Height ||2 to 6|
|Difficulty Level || Moderately easy,|
Planting and care
- Apply a good level of mulch around your tree but keep the mulch 5-7cm (2-3") away from the base
- Mulch will hold moisture but will encourage rot if allowed to touch the tree trunk
Citrus Galgal care
- Citrus trees need a warm or mild climate zone
- As long as frosts are not severe citrus trees will tolerate cool conditions
- In cold zones grow only container versions, so when temperatures really plummet, bring them inside a greenhouse or enclosed porch
Citrus need full sun, so place them in the sunniest part of your garden or balcony
Pots must have drainage holes in their base and be elevated slightly off the ground
Water potted citrus two to three times a week, and possibly daily in very hot weather
Apply citrus food in small amounts monthly from August to mid autumn
|Sunlight ||Full sun, Partial sun.|
|Watering ||Keep soil moist throughout the growing season,|
|Soil ||Citrus orchards flourish well in light soils with good drainage properties. Deep soils with pH range of 5.5 to 7.5 are considered ideal.|
|Temperature ||20 to 40 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic fertilizer
Citrus Galgal uses
- There is a belief in Ayurvedic medicine that a cup of hot water with lemon juice in it every morning tonifies and purifies the liver
Note: The following information is general guidelines
- Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
- The oval fruit is famous is used widely for its juice
- The pulp and rind are also used, primarily in cooking and baking
- Lemon juice is acidic in nature and makes it a cheap, readily available acid for use in educational science experiments
Lemon juice, rind, and zest are used in a wide variety of food and drink
- It is used to make lemonade, soft drinks, and cocktails
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do citrus galgal grow?
On average citrus galgal grows 2 to 6
How hard is citrus galgal to grow?
A citrus galgal is Moderately easy,
How much sunlight does a citrus galgal need?
A citrus galgal prefers Full sun, Partial sun.
How much water does a citrus galgal need?
A citrus galgal prefers watering Keep soil moist throughout the growing season,
What kind of soil does a citrus galgal need?
Citrus orchards flourish well in light soils with good drainage properties. Deep soils with pH range of 5.5 to 7.5 are considered ideal.
What temperature does a citrus galgal like?
How should I fertilize my citrus galgal?
Use any organic fertilizer
Friday, 07 February 2020
Friday, 26 October 2018
Can be grown in pot??
Please log in to write a review. Log in