Best flowering and fruiting is in full sun. Grows well in sandy soils. Avoid heavy clays. This tree grows best in areas such as the State of California where it can be sited in hot, dry locations with low humidity such as the interior valleys and can enjoy a long growing season.
Common name: Prunus dulcis
Bloom time: March
Height: 10.00 to 15.00 feet
Difficulty level: easy to grow
Planting & Care
Large rose canes can be cut back by as much as two thirds, and smaller ones to within 6 to 12 inches of the ground.When you transplant your plants, be sure to dig a much bigger hole than you think you need and add plenty of organic matter such as compost or aged manure.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: well-drained soil
Temprature: 15 and 30 °C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
- Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area.
- Arabian is a small bush with evergreen leaves.
- There are many other varieties of plant, of which are best suited for sub-tropical climates.
- Learning how to grow will add a striking visual and olfactory touch to the garden.
Harvesting: 2 weeks
- Always wear safety goggles; branches can whip back when released.
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
- Deadhead religiously and keep beds clean.
Commercially grown for almond nuts. Trees also make attractive ornamental flowering shrubs or small trees, particularly in areas with long growing seasons. Specimen or small group. Effective near patios.
Potential diseases include leaf spot, die back, powdery mildew, cankers, black knot and verticillium wilt. Potential insects include aphids, scale, borers, caterpillars, tent caterpillars and Japanese beetles. Spider mites may also be troublesome.
Saturday, 14 March 2020
Tuesday, 03 March 2020
Sunday, 09 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in