About Aegle Marmelos
Bael is an indigenous fruit tree of India. Bael grows in wild and semi-wild in the North India states of Uttar Pradesh, Orissa, Bihar, West Bengal, and Madhya Pradesh. It is considered holy in Hindu religion and the leaves are used as offerings for Lord Shiva.
The flowering season starts in late May. It has pale yellowish green sweetly scented flowers. The slightly pear-shaped fruits are green in color and turn yellowish on ripening.
|Common Name ||Bel patra|
|Height ||Up to 30 ft|
|Flower Colour ||Yellowish green|
|Bloom Time ||Summer|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season
Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am
You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector
Fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season
Aegle Marmelos care
- Bael plants should be planted at a distance of 8m x 8m (Budded plants) or 10m x 10m (seedlings)
- Pits of 90cm x 90cm x 90cm size are dug and filled with a mixture of topsoil + 25 kg farmyard manure up to a level of 6 cm from the ground level
- February-March or July-August is the right time for planting
|Sunlight ||Full sun to partial shade.|
|Soil || A well- drained, sandy loam soil. It can thrive even on poor, clay and stony soils.|
|Temperature ||20 to 30 degree C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Aegle Marmelos special feature
Aegle Marmelos uses
- Bel benefits in healing digestive disorders, ulcers, headache, hypertension, diabetes, and numerous other ailments
- The ripe fruit works as a laxative but is not digested easily
- Unripe bel fruit, on the other hand, promotes digestion and cures diarrhea
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist
- The pulp is often processed as nectar or "squash" (diluted nectar)
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do aegle marmelos grow?
On average aegle marmelos grows Up to 30 ft
What color are aegle marmelos?
A aegle marmelos plant bears flowers of color Yellowish green
How hard is aegle marmelos to grow?
A aegle marmelos is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a aegle marmelos need?
A aegle marmelos prefers Full sun to partial shade.
How much water does a aegle marmelos need?
A aegle marmelos prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a aegle marmelos need?
A well- drained, sandy loam soil. It can thrive even on poor, clay and stony soils.
What temperature does a aegle marmelos like?
How should I fertilize my aegle marmelos?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Saturday, 29 February 2020
Saturday, 08 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in