The flowers are prominent, 2 to 3 inches in diameter with dark-blue centers and an almost waxy appearance. Plants need good drainage and don t do well in high humidity.
|Common Name ||African Daisy, Cape Marigold|
|Height ||8 and 12 inches tall|
|Flower Colour ||yellow, blue, violet, white, pink|
|Bloom Time ||Mid-summer, late summer, early fall, mid-fall|
|Difficulty Level ||Medium|
Planting and care
- Remove old and spent leaves to prevent fungus infections
When re-potting see that the crown of the plant is above the level of the soil
Generally, African Daisies do not need insecticides or fungicides
If a problem arises treat them with an insecticidal soap and /or fungicide
Mulching is done around but not on top of the plants with 3 inches of organic compost
Water the African Daisy wild flowers well weekly until soil is completely moist
- Sow seeds of Passion Mixed from February to May at 18-20c (64-68F) on a good free draining damp seed compost
- A fine sprinkling of vermiculite must be applied, but do not cover the seed completely
- Place in a propagator or seal the container inside a polythene bag until after germination (up to 14 days)
- Do not exclude light, as this helps germination
- When the seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant them into 7
- 5cm (3 inch) pots
- Then grow on in cooler conditions before planting out after all risk of frost has past
- Plant 30cm (12 inches) apart
|Sunlight ||Full Sun|
|Watering ||Keep soil moist|
|Soil ||Requires well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||60 F to 65 F |
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||Most Osteospermum varieties are hybrids and will not grow true from saved seed.|
Osteospermum special feature
Osteospermum tolerates a wide range of soil types and occupies areas with 500 to 1500 mm annual rainfall.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Is edible but no Culinary uses nutritional value
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do osteospermum grow?
On average osteospermum grows 8 and 12 inches tall
What color are osteospermum?
A osteospermum plant bears flowers of color yellow, blue, violet, white, pink
How hard is osteospermum to grow?
How much sunlight does a osteospermum need?
A osteospermum prefers Full Sun
How much water does a osteospermum need?
A osteospermum prefers watering Keep soil moist
What kind of soil does a osteospermum need?
Requires well-drained soil
What temperature does a osteospermum like?
How should I fertilize my osteospermum?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Saturday, 14 March 2020
Saturday, 29 February 2020
Sunday, 09 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in