About Gomphrena Purple
Gomphrena is a warm-season annual plant. Butterflies are attacked on flowers. Gomphrena flower is used as a cut flower or dried flower. Dried flower is simply hanging them upside down in a well-ventilated place, and you will have colour to enjoy all winter.
|Common Name ||globe amaranth|
|Height || 1.00 to 2.00 feet|
|Flower Colour ||Purple |
|Bloom Time ||June to frost|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow |
Planting and care
- Water in very dry conditions
Gomphrena Purple care
- Sow gomphrena seeds as an indoor plant to get a head start, or outdoors where you want the plants to grow at about the time of your last spring frost
|Sunlight ||Full Sun to Partial Shade|
|Soil ||well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||70 F to 75 F.|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
|Harvest Season ||June to frost|
Gomphrena Purple special feature
Borders, rock gardens, cutting gardens, annual beds or containers. Also useful as an edge.
Gomphrena Purple uses
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Plant is laxative, stomachic, carminative, astringent, depurative, emetic and good diuretic; found efficacious in renal dropsies and general anasarca
- Also used in coughs, pneumonia, rheumatism, piles, boils, skin eruptions, kidney stone and colic
- Note:Use only after consulting the specialist
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do gomphrena purple grow?
On average gomphrena purple grows 1.00 to 2.00 feet
What color are gomphrena purple ?
A gomphrena purple plant bears flowers of color Purple
How hard is gomphrena purple to grow?
A gomphrena purple is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a gomphrena purple need?
A gomphrena purple prefers Full Sun to Partial Shade
How much water does a gomphrena purple need?
A gomphrena purple prefers watering Medium
What kind of soil does a gomphrena purple need?
What temperature does a gomphrena purple like?
How should I fertilize my gomphrena purple ?
Apply any organic fertilizer
Friday, 13 March 2020
Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Friday, 21 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in