About Thespesia Populnea
Its name Thespesia means "divinely decreed". Leaves are smooth, somewhat similar to those of the Pipal tree, broadly ovate. It has heart-shaped leaves and cup-shaped yellow flowers. The flowers are followed by apple-shaped fruit. Seeds several, elliptical, 1 cm long, brown hairy.
|Common Name ||Milo, Portia tree, Indian tulip tree, Pacific rosewood, Portia tree, Paras pipal, Aashta|
|Height ||It generally reaches a height of 30 feet with a spread of 12 feet.|
|Flower Colour ||Petals are purple or pink.|
|Bloom Time ||Year Round, blooms more in October to July|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and care
- Foliar feed young milo trees once a month in early morning with a water soluble or an organic fertilizer
Thespesia Populnea care
- The Portia tree is able to grow in the wide range of soil types
- The seeds should be scarified (the seed coat penetrated)
- This can be done using sandpaper, nail clippers, or by cracking with a hammer
- Care must be taken to avoid damaging the inner part of the seed
- The seeds do not require soaking
- The seeds should be planted in the sterile potting mix at a depth of about twice the diameter of the seed
- Germination takes 14 to 28 days
|Sunlight ||Full Sun to Partial Shade|
|Soil ||Clay, Sand, Cinder, Organic, Coral|
|Temperature ||20 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Thespesia Populnea special feature
Like other mangrove associates, these plants provide shelter and food to many creatures of the mangroves.
Thespesia Populnea uses
- Landscape Use (Accent, Container, Hedges, Provides Shade, Screening, Specimen Plant)
- In India, the ground up bark is used to treat skin diseases and in Mauritius dysentery and hemorrhoids
Note: Please consult your health expert
- The fruits, flowers and young leaves are edible
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do thespesia populnea grow?
On average thespesia populnea grows It generally reaches a height of 30 feet with a spread of 12 feet.
What color are thespesia populnea?
A thespesia populnea plant bears flowers of color Petals are purple or pink.
How hard is thespesia populnea to grow?
A thespesia populnea is Easy to grow
How much sunlight does a thespesia populnea need?
A thespesia populnea prefers Full Sun to Partial Shade
How much water does a thespesia populnea need?
A thespesia populnea prefers watering Moderate
What kind of soil does a thespesia populnea need?
Clay, Sand, Cinder, Organic, Coral
What temperature does a thespesia populnea like?
How should I fertilize my thespesia populnea?
Apply any organic fertilizer.
Sunday, 15 March 2020
Tuesday, 03 March 2020
Monday, 24 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in