Nerium is evergreen shrub that grows upto the height of 4 m and bearing leaves all the year around. Nerium indicum is distributed all over the Philippines, India and Nepal found on the ranges of 6500 feet. It is commonly cultivated for its sweet smelling flowers which have medicinal uses.
|Common Name ||Kaner.|
|Height ||Up to 3 metres.|
|Flower Colour ||Red, Pink or White.|
|Bloom Time ||April-September|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy.|
Planting and care
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil is dry
- Avoid overwatering
- Apply organic fertilizer in monsoon and spring season
|Sunlight ||Full sun to part shade.|
|Watering ||When in growth water often and allow plants to remain moist. When not actively growing, water plants sparingly and allow to dry out between watering. |
|Soil ||Standard mix of well drained sand and peat. |
|Fertilizer ||Fertilize regularly during the growing period. |
- Used as an ornamental plant in landscapes, in parks, and along roadsides
- Nerium has various medicinal uses and the leaves and flowers are thought to have actions as tonic, cardio tonic, diaphoretic, diuretic, emetic and expectorant
- Leaves and flowers are also used to treat malaria and as traditional medicine it induces the termination of embryo
The tincture or decoction is been used externally to reduce swelling and scabies
The root powder is an external remedy for hemorrhoids and ulcers around genitals
- Leaves and bark is treated as insecticide, rat poison and parasitic
- The plant of Indian oleander is thought to possess anti-cancerous activities
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do kaner grow?
On average kaner grows Up to 3 metres.
What color are kaner?
A kaner plant bears flowers of color Red, Pink or White.
How hard is kaner to grow?
How much sunlight does a kaner need?
A kaner prefers Full sun to part shade.
How much water does a kaner need?
A kaner prefers watering When in growth water often and allow plants to remain moist. When not actively growing, water plants sparingly and allow to dry out between watering.
What kind of soil does a kaner need?
Standard mix of well drained sand and peat.
What temperature does a kaner like?
How should I fertilize my kaner?
Fertilize regularly during the growing period.
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Monday, 02 March 2020
Saturday, 22 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in