About Marigold Jafri
In India marigold is one of the most commonly grown flowers and used extensively on religious and social functions in different forms.
Flowers are sold in the market as loose or as garlands.
This plant was used in ancient Greek, Roman, Arabic and Indian cultures as a medicinal herb as well as a dye for fabrics, foods and cosmetics. The leaves are edible, with the petals added to dishes as a garnish and in lieu of saffron. They can be easily cultivated, are widely adaptable to varying soils and climatic conditions and have a good flowering duration.This bushy plant with around 20 to 30 species, have a long flowering period and the colours range from orange, yellow, gold, cream to apricot. They are very much used in making garlands. Make excellent beds and pot decorations.
|Common Name ||Zendu,Marigold, Genda , Sanarei , Jhenduphool , Gondephool , Chenna Mallige|
|Height ||2 to 3 feet|
|Flower Colour ||Marigolds are available in a range of gold, maroon, yellow and orange shades.|
|Bloom Time ||Spring, Summer, Fall|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy|
Planting and care
- Germination from large, easily handled seeds is rapid, and blooms should appear within a few weeks of sowing
- When you water marigolds, allow the soil to dry somewhat between watering, then water well, then repeat the process
- The densely double flower heads of the African marigolds tend to rot in wet weather
- Do not water marigolds from overhead
- Water at the base of the plant
Marigold Jafri care
- Sow them directly into the garden once the soil is warm, or start seeds indoors about a month to 6 weeks before the last spring frost date
- Marigolds need lots of sunshine (at least six hours of direct sunlight) and do well with year-round warm to hot weather
- Water marigolds the first 10 to 12 days after transplanting bedding plants into the garden
- Marigolds thrive in poor soil and fertilizer often creates lush, rich foliage with few blooms
|Sunlight ||Marigolds need lots of sunshine|
|Soil ||Though they grow in almost any soil, marigolds thrive in moderately fertile, well-drained soil.|
|Temperature ||20 to 30 degree C|
|Fertilizer ||Avoid fertilizing the plants.|
|Harvest Season ||Summer, winter|
Marigold Jafri special feature
Due to its variable height and colour marigold is especially use for decoration and included in landscape plans.
Marigold Jafri uses
- One of the health benefits of marigolds is that it is used in the treatment of minor burns when used in the form of ointments or a tincture
Health benefits and therapeutic uses of marigold flowers as well as the leaves of the marigold include it being beneficial in minimizing the number of tumors in the case of breast cancer as well as in the prevention of the development of new cancer cells
One of the medicinal uses of marigolds is that it promotes the growth of both new blood vessels as well as new skin tissue and hence it is used in the healing of wounds such as burns, scrapes as well as irritated skin
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist
- The bright petals of signet marigolds add color and a spicy tang to salads and other summer dishes
The flower petals are sometimes cooked with rice to impart the color (but unfortunately not the flavor) of saffron
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do marigold jafri grow?
On average marigold jafri grows 2 to 3 feet
What color are marigold jafri ?
A marigold jafri plant bears flowers of color Marigolds are available in a range of gold, maroon, yellow and orange shades.
How hard is marigold jafri to grow?
How much sunlight does a marigold jafri need?
A marigold jafri prefers Marigolds need lots of sunshine
How much water does a marigold jafri need?
A marigold jafri prefers watering Moderately
What kind of soil does a marigold jafri need?
Though they grow in almost any soil, marigolds thrive in moderately fertile, well-drained soil.
What temperature does a marigold jafri like?
How should I fertilize my marigold jafri ?
Avoid fertilizing the plants.
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Saturday, 29 February 2020
Tuesday, 25 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in