About Gaillardia Double Mixed Color
Blanket flowers are wonderfully cheerful, long-blooming plants for hot, sunny gardens. They produce single or double daisy flowers through most of the summer and well into fall.
The daisy-like flowers are produced from early summer to early fall in shades of orange, red and yellow, adding sizzle to the garden and attracting nectar-seeking butterflies.
|Common Name ||Blanket Flower.|
|Height ||24-30 inches.|
|Flower Colour ||varies|
|Bloom Time ||Early summer to early fall.|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow.|
Planting and care
- Gaillardia x grandiflora does not require deadheading to keep blooming, but the plants will look better and be fuller if you do cut the stems back, when the flowers start to fade
- You will also get more continuous flowering with deadheading
Gaillardia Double Mixed Color care
- Plant Gaillardia x Grandiflora any time after frost
- Dig a hole twice the diameter of the pot the plant is in
- Carefully remove the plant from its container and place it in the hole so the top of the root ball is level with the soil surface
- Carefully fill in around the root ball and firm the soil gently
- Water thoroughly
|Sunlight ||Full sun. |
|Watering ||Water well until they are not established. Once established, occasional watering should become a part of blanket flowers’ care. |
|Soil || a well-draining soil with moderately fertile. |
|Temperature ||Gaillardia can be grown with temperatures of 65-70 F.|
|Fertilizer ||Apply an all-purpose slow release fertilizer on the soil every couple of months.|
|Harvest Season ||Early summer to early fall.|
Gaillardia Double Mixed Color special feature
Gaillardia is short-lived perennial with richly coloured, daisylike flower. Gaillardia blossoms attract bees and butterflies, and the plants will bloom for eight weeks or more when old flowers are removed.
Gaillardia Double Mixed Color uses
- Gaillardia are such long bloomers, they work equally well in borders and containers
- The bold flowers blend especially well with soft textures, like thread-leaf Coreopsis and cosmos, as well as airy grasses
Frequently Asked Questions
How tall do gaillardia double mixed color grow?
On average gaillardia double mixed color grows 24-30 inches.
What color are gaillardia double mixed color ?
A gaillardia double mixed color plant bears flowers of color varies
How hard is gaillardia double mixed color to grow?
A gaillardia double mixed color is Easy to grow.
How much sunlight does a gaillardia double mixed color need?
A gaillardia double mixed color prefers Full sun.
How much water does a gaillardia double mixed color need?
A gaillardia double mixed color prefers watering Water well until they are not established. Once established, occasional watering should become a part of blanket flowers’ care.
What kind of soil does a gaillardia double mixed color need?
a well-draining soil with moderately fertile.
What temperature does a gaillardia double mixed color like?
Gaillardia can be grown with temperatures of 65-70 F.
How should I fertilize my gaillardia double mixed color ?
Apply an all-purpose slow release fertilizer on the soil every couple of months.
Thursday, 12 March 2020
Thursday, 05 March 2020
Friday, 14 February 2020
Please log in to write a review. Log in