Elephant Bush, Portulacaria Afra, Jade Plant (Green) - Succulent Plant
The Jade plant is the ultimate symbol of prosperity in China.
What makes it special:
- Bring good luck and fortune.
- Best for sunny windows.
- Low maintenance plant.
(Inclusive of all taxes)
Shipping Rs 79 (Free Shipping on orders above 399)
In Stock (2969 Sold in last 30 days)
Note: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is replaceable but not returnable.
With this purchase you will get:
Elephant bush, Portulacaria afra, Jade plant (Green) Plant
4 inch (10 cm) Nursery Pot as Inner
4.5 inch (11 cm) Ronda No. 1110 Round Plastic Planter (Green)
Description for Elephant bush, Portulacaria afra, Jade plant (Green)
Plant height: 2 - 4 inches (5 - 11 cm)
Plant spread: 4 - 6 inches (10 - 16 cm)
Jade plant is a perennial succulent plant. It survive well in small shallow containers. Jades are evergreen plants with thick branches and smooth, rounded, fleshy leaves that grow in opposite directions. The jade plant is an attractive succulent plant native to South Africa. The plant produces star-shaped clusters of white or pink flowers during the winter season. The plant is considered a succulent shrub and will grow up to 10 feet tall.
Common name(s): Elephant Bush, Elephant Food,Elephant Plant, Miniature Jade, Dwarf Jade, Dwarf Jade Plant, Small Leaf Jade, Porkbush
Flower colours: Whitish pink
Bloom time: Rarely flower indoor
Max reachable height: Up to 10 feet.
Difficulty to grow: Moderately easy
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Check the moisture in the soil before watering it. Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water. Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Full to partial sunlight
Soil: Well-drained soil
Temperature: 20 - 30 degrees Celsius.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Elephant bush
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor in bright sunlight for about 3-4 hours.
- Protect the Jade plant from harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage. Soil
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Jade plant. Watering
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Avoid watering on the leaves of jade plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the Jade plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Re-potting
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Elephant bush
Special features: Good luck plant
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant.