This floriferous honeysuckle has a very long bloom time and fragrant flowers. It produces bright red berries. Scentsation is a vigorous, deciduous climber with oval leaves and abundant, exceptionally fragrant.
12.5 inch (32 cm)
4 inch (10 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
Pruning is usually not needed, but may be trimmed after flowering.
Arrange and tie the stems onto the support.
Water in well and keep well watered during the first year.
It can be planted at any time of year as long as the ground is not frozen or waterlogged. Plant in sun or partial shade, will thrive in humus rich soil that is moist but well draining. Keep watered during dry spells, mulch with well rotted organic matter.
Full sun. It can tolerate partial shade.
Sandy, Clay, Loamy, Well-drained
18 to 30 degrees C
Use any organic fertilizer.
Honeysuckle special feature
Flowers. It attracts birds.
It is a wonderful addition to summer gardens, especially when trained up a trellis or fence
Frequently Asked Questions
When to plant honeysuckle seeds?
To plant Honeysuckle May-June month is preferable.
Do honeysuckle plants have berries?
The fruit of Honeysuckle plant has spherical or elongated berries.
When do honeysuckle plants flower?
Honeysuckle plants flower during March and May month.
Do honeysuckle plants attract bees?
Bees are attracted towards Honeysuckle plant due to its beautiful red color.
How to plant honeysuckle cuttings?
To plant Honeysuckle cuttings 1. Take pencil size cutting of well mature stem to a length of 16-18 cm and remove any flowers leaves from it. 2. Then dip bottom of the cutting in rooting hormone, and Place the 3/4 portion cutting into a small container with well-draining soil and water the cuttings.
3. Rooting will start within 1-2 week. Note - For further details check the product description on nurserylive.com
Why is my honeysuckle plant wilting?
The main reasons of wilting are as follows 1. Due to over watering or less watering to plant. 2. Plant does not get proper sunlight. 3. Lack of nutrient. 4. Disease and pest infestation.
How to plant honeysuckle on a fence?
To grow plant through cuttings consider the following points. Select a location where 4-6 hours of direct bright light is available. Dig a long trench (5-6 inches deep) as per the availability of space. Fill the 1/3 of trench with soil rich in organic content, place the plant in center and fill the pit with same soil generally 5 plants per metre is ideal, Use a line to make sure they are planted in a straight row and space the plants at exactly 20 cm intervals. Apply water. General caring tips Plant should get 4-6 hours of sunlight a day. Water the plant when surface soil (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch. Apply any organic fertilizer during the main growing (monsoon)season(July to September).
Is honeysuckle plant invasive?
Yes, Honeysuckle plant is invasive due to dense spreading plant habit.
Where to plant honeysuckle vine?
You can plant a Honeysuckle plant preferably outdoors, at a spot receiving below growing conditions for the plant - 1. Direct bright sunlight for more than 6 hours a day preferably in morning. 2. Soil should be nutrient rich and well drained. 3. Apply Water when soil (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch. Note - For further details check the product description on nurserylive.com
Can you plant honeysuckle in the fall?
Yes, You can plant Honeysuckle plant in early fall month because it is quite hardy plant.
When to plant honeysuckle bush?
To plant Honeysuckle May-June month is best suited.
Why is my honeysuckle not flowering?
The main reason of non flowering Honeysuckle plant is due to improper nutrient and water management.
Do honeysuckle plants die in winter?
No,Honeysuckle is quite hardy plant and it will survive in winter but not at chilling temperature. The optimum temperature is 25-30 degree Celsius.
Can honeysuckle be planted in a pot?
Yes, To grow Honeysuckle plant in a pot consider the following points.
1. To grow plant in pot it should be of 7-10 inch upper diameter with drainage hole-and overgrown plant is transferred in to main field.
2. Sunlight- More than 6 hours of direct bright sunlight is required. 3. Soil- Soil or potting mixture should be well drained, fertile and nutrient rich. 4. Water- Water the plant when 1-2 inch surface soil layer feels dry to touch.
5. Fertilizer - Apply any organic fertilizer during the main growing season.
Note - For further details check the product description on nurserylive.com
What is honeysuckle plant?
Honeysuckle is deciduous hardy twining climber with sweetly scented, bilaterally symmetrical flowers.
How to plant honeysuckle vine?
To plant Honeysuckle vine consider the following points
1. To grow plant in pot, choose a pot having of 7-10 inch upper diameter and drainage holes. 2. Fill the 1/3 pot with well drained soil rich in organic content and place the plant in the center of the pot.
3. Fill the remaining pot with same soil.
4. Keep the plant in indirect bright light location for 2-3 days and then gradually move to a location that receives more than 6 hours of direct sunlight. 5. Once the plant is overgrown in current pot, plant it in field. If you are planting purchased plant directly in ground follow below procedure. 1. Keep the plant in indirect bright light for 3-4 days and gradually move to a location receiving direct sunlight for more than 6 hours a day. 2. Dig a pit twice the size of the bag/pot the current plant is in. 3. Fill the 1/3 of pit with soil rich in organic content, place the plant in center and fill the pit with same soil. 4. Apply water. General caring tips- Plant should get more than 6 hours of sunlight a day. Water the plant when surface soil (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch. Apply any organic fertilizer during the main growing season (June-July).
Do honeysuckle plants smell?
Yes, Honeysuckle have sweetly scented and bilaterally symmetrical flowers.
What to feed honeysuckle plants?
Apply any organic fertilizer during the main growing season (June-July)
Are honeysuckle plants perennial?
Yes, Honeysuckle is perennial flowering climber.
Are honeysuckle plants evergreen?
No, Honeysuckle is deciduous perennial plant.
Sunday, 02 February 2020
Keep it away from harsh direct sunlight to prevent leaf burn.