Pony Tail Palm, Beaucarnea Recurvata - Plant
Ponytail palm has a unique-looking and long-lived indoor plant. Unique shape plant can boost the garden beauty.
(Inclusive of all taxes)
In Stock (390 Sold in last 30 days)
Note: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is replaceable but not returnable.
With this purchase you will get:
Pony Tail Palm, Beaucarnea Recurvata Plant
Description for Pony Tail Palm, Beaucarnea Recurvata
Plant height: 9 - 15 inches (22 - 39 cm)
Plant spread: 4 - 8 inches (10 - 21 cm)
Interesting fact: The Ponytail Palm is a distinctive looking houseplant with a swollen thick brown stem at its base that stores water. From the top of the stem, one or more rosettes of long, green, leathery leaves develop as the plant ages resembling ponytail.
This plant grows up to 9 feet in height in the ground plantation and in indoor condition grows up to 4 feet.
Common name(s): Elephants foot, ponytail palm
Flower colours: White
Bloom time: Seasonal bloomer
Max reachable height: Up to 25 feet
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Areca palm is propagated by seeds. Rarely, a ponytail palm may produce an offset. Panting season of the ponytail palm is monsoon season.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: sandy loam soil
Temperature: 20 to 35 degrees C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Pony Tail Palm
- Palms grow best when you let their roots fill the pot.
- They need soil-based potting compost and should not be re-potted unnecessarily.
- They are sensitive to chemicals and will be damaged if you expose them to aerosol sprays.
- If you need to treat them with insecticides, be sure what you use is suitable for a palm.
- Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil feels dry to touch.
- Appy the fertilizer during monsoon and the spring season.
Typical uses of Pony Tail Palm
Special features: Leaves shape
Culinary use: NA
Ornamental use: This plant is used as the ornamental plant.