Growing a coconut palm tree is easy and fun. Below you will find the steps for planting coconuts and growing coconut palms from them.Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun. Prefers fertile, slightly alkaline, loose, somewhat gritty loams with good drainage.
Add lime to acidic soils to adjust the soil pH. Best grown with regular and consistent moisture during the growing season.
|Plant Height||30 inch (76 cm)|
|Plant Spread ||7 inch (18 cm)|
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Common Name ||Dianthus Coconut Punch ,nariyal,daap,naral|
|Maximum Reachable Height ||5-7 Meters|
|Flower Colour ||Wine red with white blotches |
|Bloom Time ||May to June|
|Difficulty Level ||easy to grow|
Planting and careFirst, water the coconut tree frequently. As long as the soil drains well, you really cant water it too often. If you decide to repot your coconut tree, remember to add sand or vermiculite to the new soil to keep the water draining well.
Second, growing coconut palms are heavy feeders that require regular, complete fertilizer. Look for a fertilizer that provides both the basic nutrients plus trace nutrients like boron, manganese and magnesium.
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Watering ||Water the coconut frequently but make sure the container drains very well.|
|Soil ||well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||21 C and above|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Nariyal special feature
Rock gardens, border fronts, edgings, fragrance gardens and containers. When massed, these mat-forming plants can form an attractive ground cover.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose
- Crested Lepidagathis, called Mullabanthi in Telugu, has been used by the yanadi tribe in Andhra Pradesh as a traditional medicine
- It is used in the treatment of fever
- It is also used in treating inflammations - aqueous extract of leaves mixed with Ocimum juice and the tuberous flower ash mixed with coconut oil is a concoction, which is applied on parts affected by inflammation
- In Chhattisgarh, people use leaf extract for treating malaria
- edible in mainy things, as fruit ,aschutney or juice or sweets etc
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do coconut plants grow?
Coconut plant grow outdoor with 1. Sunlight- At least 6 hours of natural direct bright sunlight is required. 2. Soil- Soil should be well drained, fertile and nutrient rich. 3. Water- Water the plant when 1-2 inch surface soil layer feels dry to touch.Do not over water the plant. 4. Fertilizer-Apply any organic fertilizer during the main growing season (June-July).
Does coconut oil help plants grow?
No, Coconut oil don't help to grow plant.
How to plant coconut tree?
To plant Coconut tree consider the following points.
1. To grow plant in pot, choose a pot having of 7-10 inch upper diameter and drainage holes. 2. Fill the 1/3 pot with well drained soil rich in organic content and place the plant in the center of the pot.
3. Fill the remaining pot with same soil.
4. Keep the plant in indirect bright light location for 2-3 days and then gradually move to a location that receives more than 6 hours of direct sunlight. 5. Once the plant is overgrown in current pot, plant it in field. If you are planting purchased plant directly in ground follow below procedure. 1. Keep the plant in indirect bright light for 3-4 days and gradually move to a location receiving direct sunlight for more than 6 hours a day. 2. Dig a pit twice the size of the bag/pot the current plant is in. 3. Fill the 1/3 of pit with soil rich in organic content, place the plant in center and fill the pit with same soil. 4. Apply water. General caring tips- Plant should get more than 6 hours of sunlight a day. Water the plant when surface soil (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch. Apply any organic fertilizer during the main growing season (June-July).
How many coconut plants per acre?
Coconut planting varies according planting distance. 1 acre accommodates 62 plants at 8 x 8 m. sq.
Is coconut plant based?
Yes, Coconut is grow on Coconut palm and it is a plantation crop.
Why is my coconut plant dying?
The main reasons of dying coconut plant are as follows 1. Due to over watering to plant. 2.Coconut plant does not get proper sunlight. 3.Lack of Nutrient. 4.Disease and pest infestation.
Is coconut a plantation crop?
Yes, Coconut is plantation crop.
When to plant coconut tree?
June-July is best time to plant coconut tree.
Where to plant coconut tree according to vastu?
Coconut is planted in south-west direction as per vastu shastra
Sunday, 15 March 2020
Very much happy with the product and service.
Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Quick delivery, good price
Thursday, 13 February 2020
Awesome experience!!! Luved the plant. Looked exactly the same. Thank you NL
Please log in to write a review. Log in