About Annona Reticulata
Bullock's heart is a fast-growing, deciduous tree with a rounded or spreading crown. It can reach up to 7 metres tall with a bole up to 30cm in diameter.
|Plant Height||13 inch (33 cm)|
|Plant Spread ||7 inch (18 cm)|
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Common Name ||Ram phal, Bullock's heart|
|Maximum Reachable Height ||Up to 10 to 15 m|
|Flower Colour ||Yellowish-green|
|Bloom Time ||Spring, Summer|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and careThe small tree that produces large heart-shaped tropical fruit with soft acid pulp. Custard Apple grows as a semi-evergreen and is a flowering edible fruit. Being an evergreen plant, it will be evergreen in mild areas but otherwise deciduous. Custard Apple is known for its tree growth habit.
Annona Reticulata care
Annona growing tree of the family Annonaceae and also known as Sop, Annona evergreen perennial but in a cold weather become deciduous. Can grow in tropics Mediterranean or subtropical climate.Flower small green-yellowish, separate times on the same tree female and male flower, the flowers are protogyny at first female and after
|Sunlight ||Full sun to part shade|
|Soil ||Well-drained soil|
|Temperature ||25 to 41 degrees C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
|Harvest Season ||Spring, Summer|
Annona Reticulata special feature
Annona reticulata is cultivated around the world for its edible fruits.
Annona Reticulata uses
- The plant is used for the ornamental purpose
- The leaves are used internally against worms, and externally to treat abscesses
Crushed leaves or a paste of the flesh may be poulticed on boils, abscesses and ulcers
- Note: USe only after consulting the specialist
- The ripe fruits are edible
- The sweetish fruit varies considerably in quality; some are eaten raw but most often they are used in preserves, drinks, ice cream, puddings etc
Frequently Asked Questions
How to plant sitaphal seeds?
To plant Sitaphal seed consider the following points 1. Use a pot having 7-10 inch upper diameter and drainage holes. 2. Fill the pot with well drained soil. To sow seeds make a hole about 1/2 inch in soil, place seeds in it, cover with soil and apply water. 3. Maintain the moisture in soil by applying water if soil in pot (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch. 4. Keep the pot at a location receiving indirect bright light. Seeds will germinate within a week. Note - For further details check the product description.
How to plant sitafal?
To plant Sitafal tree consider the following points
1. To grow Sitafal plant in pot, choose a pot having of 7-10 inch upper diameter and drainage holes. 2. Fill the 1/3 pot with well drained soil rich in organic content and place the plant in the center of the pot.
3. Fill the remaining pot with same soil.
4. Keep the plant in indirect bright light location for 2-3 days and then gradually move to a location that receives more than 6 hours of direct sunlight. 5. Once the plant is overgrown in current pot, plant it in field. If you are planting purchased plant directly in ground follow below procedure. 1. Keep the plant in indirect bright light for 3-4 days and gradually move to a location receiving direct sunlight for more than 6 hours a day. 2. Dig a pit twice the size of the bag/pot the current plant is in. 3. Fill the 1/3 of pit with soil rich in organic content, place the plant in center and fill the pit with same soil. 4. Apply water. General caring tips- Plant should get more than 6 hours of sunlight a day. Water the plant when surface soil (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch. Apply any organic fertilizer during the main growing season(June-July).
Wednesday, 04 March 2020
Rare new variety?
Thursday, 20 February 2020
I purchased a plant online from nursery live and received it in a very perfect condition, Thanks nurserylive team
Friday, 14 February 2020
he plant was very nicely packed. Thanks for the plant surely will order more
Please log in to write a review. Log in