Description for Bougainvillea (Red)
Bougainvillea plants need support to cover a wall, fence, or other area. Create rows of wire or string against the surface that you want covered. Tuck the bougainvillea branches behind these guidance supports at regular intervals. Keep a close eye on growth and adjust as necessary until the bougainvillea starts covering the wall or other surface.
Bougainvillea plants are a beloved addition to many gardens and walls Bougainvillea is a vine-like, thorny shrub that grows rampantly. It can be trained to climb trellises or be planted as an attractive but thornily impenetrable barrier, and it can also serve as a ground cover. Bougainvilleas have beautiful, brightly colored bracts, which are specialized leaves that contain the plant s flowers.
| Common name || Flower colours || Bloom time || Height || Difficulty |
| Bougainvillea are also known as buganvilla, bugambilia,veranera,Nicaragua. || Red || Bloom year round, Spring or Fall || They are thorny, woody vines growing anywhere from 1 to 12 m (3 to 40 ft.) tall || Easy |
Planting and care
These tropical climbers are suitable for large containers placed in the garden during summer but must be kept frost-free in winter.
| Sunlight || Soil || Water || Temperature || Fertilizer |
| For the best results put your plants in full sun. If you want good blooming give them at least 5 hours a day of full sunlight as a minimum. || They thrive in almost any soil as long as it is well-drained and fertile. Soils that work for other plants you grow will be fine. || Medium || 32 to 40 degrees C || Apply any organic fertilizer. |
Caring for Bougainvillea
- Gardeners caring for bougainvillea in the garden dose not need to worry much about water once the plants mature.
- Irrigate only when the plants start to wilt and the soil is dry.
- The vines do need food. Fertilize your bougainvillea every month in spring and early summer.
- You will want to use a balanced, all-purpose fertilizer at half the normal dosage.
- Pruning is part of the work if you are caring for bougainvillea in the garden.
- Keep your eye out for dead wood and remove it as it appears.
- Save severe cut backs for a time after the bougainvillea has flowered.
- You can prune late in fall or very early in spring.
Typical uses of Bougainvillea
Special features: Bougainvillea plants need support to cover a wall, fence, or other area.Create rows of wire or string against the surface that you want covered. Tuck the bougainvillea branches behind these guidance supports at regular intervals. Keep a close eye on growth and adjust as necessary until the bougainvillea starts covering the wall or other surface.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Friday, 31 January 2020
Got the plant in good condition, and it is growing well.
Monday, 02 July 2018
Thank you so much... gifted to someone special and he likes it a lot
Monday, 02 July 2018
I have got a healthy plant with great packageing.Thanks to nurserylive to give me a great satisfaction.
Please log in to write a review. Log in