About Sesbania grandiflora
Sesbania grandiflora also was known as the vegetable hummingbird, Agati or hummingbird tree. This plant can fix the nitrogen in the soil. This plant is fast growing and light branching; grow up to 8 m in height. the plant bears the single white fragrant flowers from September to October month.
Fruit pots are slender up to 30 cm in length.
|Plant Height||13 inch (33 cm)|
|Plant Spread ||4 inch (10 cm)|
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Common Name ||Agathi, West Indian Tree, Vegetable Humming bird, Aghastya, White Dragon tree|
|Maximum Reachable Height ||Up to 8 m|
|Flower Colour ||White|
|Bloom Time ||June to frost|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and careStart with pruning shears for smaller growth; maintaining the bushy. Watering should be done early in the morning if the soil is dry.Avopid overwatering.
Sesbania grandiflora care
Sesbania grandiflora is propagated through seeds. Before sowing, seeds are soaked in the water for 12 hours. This plant required full sunlight to grow well.
Apply organic fertilizer or manure in spring season.
|Sunlight ||Full sunlight|
|Soil ||Well-drained sandy loam soil|
|Temperature ||20 to 30 degree C|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Sesbania grandiflora special feature
Sesbania grandiflora uses
- This plant is used for the ornamental purpose
- The bark is used for cooling, bitter tonic, anthelmintic, febrifuge, diarrhea, Smallpox, Astringent
- Fruits can use for treatment of fever, pain, bronchitis, anemia, tumors, colic, jaundice, poisoning
- Root used in Rheumatism, Expectorant, Painful swelling, Catarrh
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist
Frequently Asked Questions
What does a hummingbird tree look like?
The leaves are regular and rounded and the flowers white, red, or pink. The fruits look like flat, long, thin green beans. The tree thrives under full exposure to sunshine and is extremely frost-sensitive. It is a small soft wooded tree up to 3–8 m (10–26 ft) tall.
How to grow hummingbird tree from seed?
To grow plant through seed consider the following points 1. Use a pot having 7-10 inch upper diameter and drainage holes. 2. Fill the pot with well-drained soil. To sow seeds make a hole about 1/2 inch in soil, place seeds in it, cover with soil and apply water. 3. Maintain the moisture in soil by applying water if soil in pot (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch. 4. Keep the pot at a location receiving indirect bright light. Seeds will germinate within a week. Note - For further details check the product description on nursurylive.com.
How to grow hummingbird tree?
To grow hummingbird tree consider the following points
1.To grow plant in pot, choose a pot having of 7-10 inch upper diameter and drainage holes. 2.Fill the 1/3 pot with well drained soil rich in organic content and place the plant in the center of the pot.
3. Fill the remaining pot with same soil.
4. Keep the plant in indirect bright light location for 2-3 days and then gradually move to a location that receives 4-6 hours of direct sunlight. 5. Once the plant is overgrown in current pot, plant it in field. If you are planting purchased plant directly in ground follow below procedure. 1. Keep the plant in indirect bright light for 3-4 days and gradually move to a location receiving direct sunlight for 4-6 hours a day. 2. Dig a pit twice the size of the bag/pot the current plant is in. 3. Fill the 1/3 of pit with soil rich in organic content, place the plant in center and fill the pit with same soil. 4. Apply water General caring tips Plant should get more than 6 hours of sunlight a day. Water the plant when surface soil (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch. Apply any organic fertilizer during the main growing season(spring and summer season).
How big does a hummingbird tree get?
Hummingbird tree is a small soft wooded tree up to 3–8 m (10–26 ft) tall.
What is a hummingbird tree?
The scientific name of the hummingbird tree is Sesbania grandiflora,it belongs to the Fabaceae family. Hummingbird tree also was known as the vegetable hummingbird, Agati. It is a small soft wooded tree up to 3–8 m (10–26 ft) tall.
Friday, 13 March 2020
Perfect product to improve the ambience in your home and give it a fresh look!
Saturday, 29 February 2020
Does the plant need regular trimming?
Wednesday, 12 February 2020
Plant came securely packed.Plant is good, no brown leaves. Hope it grows well
Please log in to write a review. Log in