Callistemon is a genus of shrubs in the family Myrtaceae, first described as a genus in 1814. The entire genus is endemic to Australia but widely cultivated in many other regions and naturalised in scattered locations.
19 inch (48 cm)
6 inch (15 cm)
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
Maximum Reachable Height
2.50 to 3 feet
September to October
Easy to grow
Planting and care
Callistemon bottlebrush care consists of regular watering while the tree is young and annual fertilization until it matures. Water young trees weekly in the absence of rain, applying the water slowly to saturate the soil as deeply as possible. A layer of mulch over the root zone will slow the evaporation of water and help prevent weeds.
Bottle Brush care
Outdoors, plant bottlebrush shrubs in a sunny location. The plants aren’t picky about the soil type as long as it is well drained. If the soil is very poor, enrich with compost at planting time. Once established, bottlebrush plants tolerate drought and moderate salt spray.
Full sun to part shade
Dry to medium
9 degrees C
Apply any organic fertilizer
Bottle Brush special feature
Plant in clumps, mass or naturalize in a lightly-shaded woodland setting, native plant garden or naturalized area.
Bottle Brush uses
The plant is used for ornamental purpose
Its generally kep indoor in living room and in terrac area
Antibacterial, antifungal, and antioxidan
Frequently Asked Questions
How big do bottlebrush plants grow?
Bottle brush plants grow more than 15 feet with proper care and management.
Are bottlebrush plants hardy?
Yes,Bottle brush plant is quite hardy to drought and to disease pest infestation.
Do bottlebrush plants attract bees?
Bottle brush plant attract bees due to its red color flower.
Why is my bottle brush plant dying?
The main reasons of dying Bottle brush are as follows
1. Due to over watering or less watering to plant. 2. Plant does not get proper sunlight. 3. Lack of nutrient. 4. Disease and pest infestation.
How to root bottle brush plant?
Take terminal cuttings of Bottle brush 12-15 cm long having 3-4 nodes and these cuttings are planted in mist chamber. The cuttings will start rooting after 6-7 week after planting.
Why won't my bottle brush plant flower?
The main reason of non flowering Bottle brush plant is improper nutrient and water management.
How to grow bottle brush plant?
Bottle brush plant Propagated by mainly from seeds and cuttings.
Consider the following points to grow plant. 1. Sunlight- More than 6 hours of direct bright sunlight is required. 2. Soil- Soil should be well drained, fertile and nutrient rich.
3. Water- Water the plant when 1-2 inch surface soil layer feels dry to touch. 4. Fertilizer - Apply any organic fertilizer during the main growing season(June-July).
Note - For further details check the product description on nurserylive.com
How to propagate bottle brush plant?
Bottle brush plant Propagated mainly from seeds and cuttings.
1. To propagate take Bottle brush pencil size cutting of well mature stem to a length of 16-18 cm and remove any flowers, leaves from it. 2. Then dip bottom of the cutting in rooting hormone, and Place the 3/4 portion cutting into a small container with well-draining soil and water the plant. 3. Rooting will start within 1-2 week. Note - For further details check the product description on nurserylive.com
How to prune bottle brush plant?
Bottle brush plant needs little pruning to develop a strong structure. Remove broken, dead, dying, or damaged branches by using clean cutting shear.
Where to plant bottle brush plant?
You can plant a Bottle brush plant preferably outdoors, in pot or in ground at a spot receiving below growing conditions for the plant 1. Direct bright sunlight for more than 6 hours a day. 2. Soil should be nutrient rich and well drained. 3. Apply Water when soil (1-2 inch) feels dry to touch.
Are bottlebrush plants evergreen?
Bottle brush is perennial evergreen plant.
What is bottle brush plant?
Bottle brush is perennial evergreen plant. It grows more than 15 feet with proper care and management.
Can bottle brush be planted in a pot?
Yes, You can plant Bottle brush plant in a pot.
1. choose a pot having of 7-10 inch upper diameter and drainage holes. 2. Fill the 1/3 pot with well drained soil rich in organic content and place the plant in the center of the pot.
3. Fill the remaining pot with same soil.
4. Keep the plant in indirect bright light location for 2-3 days and then gradually move to a location that receives more than 6 hours of direct sunlight. 5. Once the plant is overgrown in current pot, plant it in field. Note - For further details check the product description on nurserylive.com
When to plant bottle brush tree?
To plant Bottle brush plant June-July month is best.
How often do bottlebrush plants bloom?
Bottle brush plants bloom mainly during March-May month.
When to prune bottle brush plant?
September-October month is best to prune bottle brush plant.
Sunday, 26 July 2020
I put some water in this plant everyday and they grow like mad!
Sunday, 26 July 2020
Perfectly OK for indoor use with artificial lighting.
Monday, 16 March 2020
This plants collection is awesome!!! I would recommend it to everyone.