Variegated Elephant Bush, Jade Plant Variegated - Succulent Plant
The variegated jade plant is an extremely popular succulent houseplant with fleshy, Sometimes called the money plant or dollar plant, these plants were once thought to bring good luck to their owners so were often given as housewarming gifts.
What makes it special:
- Symbol of good luck and fortune.
- Best for sunny windows.
- Low maintenance plant.
- Its leaves resembles like coin.
- Popular house plant with attractive leaves.
(Inclusive of all taxes)
Shipping Rs 79 (Free Shipping on orders above 699)
In Stock (549 Sold in last 30 days)
Note: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is replaceable but not returnable.
With this purchase you will get:
Variegated elephant bush, Jade plant variegated Plant
5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Variegated elephant bush, Jade plant variegated
Plant height: 0.5 - 1.0 inches (1 - 3 cm)
Plant spread: 3 - 5 inches (7 - 13 cm)
Variegated Elephant Bush small-leaved succulent plant found in South Africa. Variegated Elephant Bush commonly has a reddish stem and green and white foliage. Read more at Gardening Know How: Rainbow Bush Info: How To Grow A Variegated Elephant Bush https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/cacti-succulents/portulacaria/grow-variegated-elephant-bush.htm. The vibrant green leaves are symbolic of growth and renewal. Jade plants have long been thought to bring good fortune to their owners.
Common name(s): variegated elephant bush, rainbow portulacaria plant, rainbow elephant bush
Flower colours: -
Bloom time: late winter to early spring
Max reachable height: Up to 10 inches
Difficulty to grow: easy to grow
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
- Check the moisture in the soil before watering it.
- Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Sunlight: indirect bright light
Soil: Well-drained soil
Temperature: 18-24 C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Variegated elephant bushRefer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.Sunlight
- Keep the plant direct sunlight.
- Protect variegated elephant bush from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing variegated elephant bush plant.
Application of Fertilizer
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
- During the main growing season (April - August) feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
For re-potting procedure click here<br?> Plant Protection
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
- Do not apply water on plant leaves.
- Do not overwater the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
Typical uses of Variegated elephant bush
Special features: Good luck plant
Ornamental use: It makes an excellent container or house plant.