Winter hardy to USDA Zones 9-11 where it is best grown in loose, humusy, evenly moist but well-drained soil in full sun to part shade. If climbing is desired, tie stems to a support. Prune as needed to maintain plant shape.Common name:
June to AugustHeight:
10.00 to 25.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
From young, I have always have a special liking for this sweet smelling flowering plant. This plant is the Water Jasmine plant, called Sui Mui in Cantonese. Its scientific name is Wrightia Religiosa Benth.Water Jasmine or sometimes known as Wild Water Plum is a shrub or a hedge plant. It can be grown in the ground or potted. It can be grown as a hedge plant or as an ornamental plant.Sunlight:
Full sun to part shadeSoil:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- It is widely planted as a hedge tree in Southeast Asia countries because the Wrightia is twiggy and is used for medicinal purposes.
- The Water Jasmine loves the heat and prefers as much direct sun as possible.
- It can be semi-deciduous during winter if not kept above 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The flowers are white, pendulous, and fill a room with a very lovely fragrance.
South of USDA Zone 9, this plant is usually grown in containers that are overwintered indoors. UseOrnamental use:
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems. Aphids or spider mites may occur. Watch for leaf spot and root rot.
Tuesday, 26 November 2019
Came with good package. Nice thick stem and with wet coco peat but nothing came out of the pack. Got a healthy plant
Please log in to write a review. Log in