Corilla tube short, narrow, cylidrical, ending in 5 orbicular petals, 1.5 cm across. Common name:
May to JuneHeight:
10.00 to 25.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to grow Planting & Care
Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area. Arabian is a small bush with evergreen leaves. There are many other varieties of plant, of which are best suited for sub-tropical climates. Learning how to grow will add a striking visual and olfactory touch to the garden. Sunlight:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- Always wear safety goggles; branches can whip back when released.
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
- Deadhead religiously and keep beds clean.
Plan ahead when planting this vine. It must be sited and trained only on sturdy structures which will be able to support the considerable weight of the mature vine. UseOrnamental use:
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
Although susceptible to a number of foliage-chewing insects and fungal diseases, none are significant. It is considered to be a high maintenance plant, however, because of its need for regular pruning, its invasive tendencies and its vulnerability to late spring frost damage to flower buds.