Tabernaemontana is a genus of flowering plants in the family Apocynaceae. It has a pan-tropical distribution, found in Asia, Africa, Australia, North America, South America, and a wide assortment of oceanic islands.Common name:
Crape jasmine, Carnation of India, ChandniColor:
2.00 to 3.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
Crepe jasmines thrive outdoors in warm climates like those found in USDA plant hardiness zones 9 through 11. Although the shrubs look elegant and refined, they are not at all picky about soil as long as it is well drained. Sunlight:
Full Sun to Partial ShadeSoil:
50 degrees F.Fertilizer:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- Crepe jasmine care is reduced if you are growing the plant in acidic soil.
- With slightly alkaline soil, youâ€™ll need to apply fertilizer regularly to prevent the shrub from getting chlorosis.
- If the soil is very alkaline, crepe jasmine care will include more frequent applications of fertilizer.
An easy-to-grow plant which is best massed in informal settings such as native plant gardens, shade gardens or open woodland areas. Also appropriate for borders or containers. UseMedicinal use:
- This plant is used in Ayurveda.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems.