Memecylon is a genus of flowering plants in the family Melastomataceae. There are about 150 species. They are distributed mostly in the Old World tropics.Common name:
Nipis Kulit, Delek Air, Delek BangasColor:
3.00 to 6.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
Large rose canes can be cut back by as much as two thirds, and smaller ones to within 6 to 12 inches of the ground.When you transplant your plants, be sure to dig a much bigger hole than you think you need and add plenty of organic matter such as compost or aged manure.Sunlight:
Full sun to part shadeSoil:
well-drained soil Water:
36Â° and 50Â°CFertilizer:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- Always wear safety goggles; branches can whip back when released.
- Start with pruning shears for smaller growth.
- Use loppers, which look like giant, long-handle shears, for growth that is more than half an inch thick.
- A small pruning saw is handy, as it cuts on both the push and the pull.
- Deadhead religiously and keep beds clean.
Group or mass in shrub borders, small gardens or open woodland areas. Ability to withstand wet conditions makes it suitable for growing on the margins of ponds or streams.UseOrnamental use:
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems. Some susceptibility to leaf spots and twig/fruit blight.
Friday, 29 November 2019
My plants are thriving! Will definitely buy this plant again when needed.
Please log in to write a review. Log in