Ligustrum lucidum is a species of privet, a flowering plant in the olive family, Oleaceae, native to the southern half of China and naturalized in many places: Spain, Italy, Algeria, Canary Islands.Common name:
Creamy whiteBloom time:
August to SeptemberHeight:
12.00 to 20.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
Tolerant of a wide range of soils, except wet ones. Tolerant of urban conditions. Prune to shape (shrub form or tree form). Responds well to pruning. Propagate by seed or softwood cuttings. Promptly remove root suckers as they appear. Where winter hardy, this plant often grows as an invasive weed.Sunlight:
full sun to part shadeSoil:
Dry to mediumTemprature:
apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- commonly called Chinese privet, glossy privet or waxleaf privet, is an evergreen shrub or small tree that is native to southern China and Korea.
- It is often grown as a shrub to 12-15 tall, but if trained as a tree will grow much larger to 20-30 tall.
Not recommended for planting at this time because of invasive tendencies. Has been effectively used in the past as a specimen, for hedges and screens, and in shrub borders. UseMedicinal use:
- Glossy privet is a plant.
- The ripe fruit is used to make medicine.
- Be careful not to confuse glossy privet (Ligustrum lucidum) with other species of privet such as Japanese privet, border privet, Chinese privet (Ligustrum sinense), common privet, golden privet, and others.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
Sunday, 27 October 2019
can I grow absolutely indoor or outdoor? or partly indoor or outdoor?
Please log in to write a review. Log in