Holmskioldia is a genus of flowering plants in the mint family, Lamiaceae. It is native to the Himalayas but widely cultivated as an ornamental and naturalized in many places It contains only one known .Common name:
Chinese hat, Cup and Saucer, Parasol FlowerColor:
Green, purpleBloom time:
10.00 to 20.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to grow Planting & Care
Before you plant, be sure that you choose varieties proven in your climate. When in doubt, All-America Rose Selections winners are good bets. Or check with your local nursery.If you order plants from a mail-order company, order early, in January or February (March at the latest). Sunlight:
well-drained soil Water:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- Diligently water your plants.
- Soak the entire root zone at least twice a week in dry summer weather.
- Avoid frequent shallow sprinklings, which wonâ€™t reach the deeper roots and may encourage fungus.
- Plants do best with 90 inches of rain per year, so unless you live in a rain forest, water regularly.
In the St. Louis area, this fast-growing annual vine provides quick cover for trellises, walls, fences, arbors or poles. Also may be grown in large containers. UseCulinary use:Ornamental use:
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems.