Easily grown in humusy, organically rich, medium moisture, well-drained soil in part shade to full shade. Best sited in sheltered locations. Common name:
Common Silver Fern, Athyrium niponicum var. pictum Silver Falls Color:
1.00 to 1.50 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
Plants do not thrive in Zones 9 to 10 without a period of refrigeration; they need a cold, dormant period. Select a site with soil that drains well. How can you tell? After a good rain, find a spot that is the first to dry out. Water trapped beneath the scales may rot the bulb, so a well-drained site is essential. Sunlight:
Part shade to full shadeSoil:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- Diligently water your plants.
- Soak the entire root zone at least twice a week in dry summer weather.
- Avoid frequent shallow sprinklings, which wonâ€™t reach the deeper roots and may encourage fungus.
- Plants do best with 90 inches of rain per year, so unless you live in a rain forest, water regularly.
Woodland gardens, shade gardens or shaded border fronts. Also effective in shaded areas along streams or ponds. UseMedicinal use:
- The present work is mainly based on materials collected from this study area is very significant for botanical studies owing to the dominance of different tribal communities like Apatani, Nyishis, Monpas, Mijis and Khowas.
- More than 300 specimens of Pteridophyte were collected from the study area through repeated visits in different seasons in different years.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
Saturday, 26 October 2019
I m really happy to say that your packing is good ,on time delivery all plants are good .
Please log in to write a review. Log in