Carissa is a genus of shrubs or small trees native to tropical and subtropical regions of Africa, Australia and Asia.Common name:
natal plum, common carissaColor:
Creamy whiteBloom time:
15.00 to 30.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
The deep planting encourages the developing stem to send out roots to help stabilize the plant and perhaps eliminate the need for staking. Also, deep planting keeps Bangada bulbs cool when temperatures soar. Enrich the soil with leaf mold or well-rotted organic matter to encourage good drainage. Sunlight:
Full sun to part shadeSoil:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- To help conserve water, reduce stress, and encourage healthy growth, apply a 2- to 4-inch layer of chopped and shredded leaves, grass clippings, or shredded bark around the base of your plants.
- Allow about an inch of space between the mulch and the base stem of the plant.
Specimen or group. Foundation planting. Foliage provides excellent color for the winter landscape, and cuttings of the same are popular additions to Christmas wreaths and decorations.UseMedicinal use:
- Carissa carandas Linn.
- commonly known as "Karaunda" (Apocynaceae) is a popular medicinal herb widely distributed in different parts of Pakistan.
- In addition to other medicinal uses, C.
- carandas is popular in indigenous system of medicine for its medicinal use in gut motility disorders like, constipation and diarrhea.
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
for medicinal use
Monday, 28 October 2019
I received product with very good quality. But its not as per there image.
Please log in to write a review. Log in