Asplenium platyneuron, commonly known as ebony spleenwort or brownstem spleenwort, is a fern native to North America east of the Rocky Mountains and to South AfricaCommon name:
0.50 to 1.00 feetDifficulty level:
easy to growPlanting & Care
To care for Asplenium nidus houseplants, place in an area of the home with indirect or shady light. Asplenium nidus prefer evenly moist surroundings. Watering the soil often during growth and housing the plant in a moderately humid area will help to maintain a healthy environment during care for Bird s Nest Fern.Sunlight:
Full Sun to Partial ShadeSoil:
well-drained soil Water:
Dry to mediumTemprature:
16 and 21Â°CFertilizer:
Apply any organic fertilizerCare:
- Asplenium nidus prefer evenly moist surroundings.
- Watering the soil often during growth and housing the plant in a moderately humid area will help to maintain a healthy environment during care for Birdâ€™s Nest Fern.
- Never allow the soil to become dry to the touch.
- However, take care not to allow the plant to sit in water as this can lead to pathogen problems.
- Reduce the frequency of watering in the winter during the plantâ€™s dormant period.
Plant in dryish, rocky, shady areas of rock gardens (will grow in rocky crevices), native plant gardens or woodland areas. UseOrnamental use:
- The plant is used for ornamental purpose.
No serious insect or disease problems.
Thursday, 14 November 2019
Great plant..looked nice n fresh wen i received ..Highly recommend it!
Please log in to write a review. Log in