Thunbergia Erecta Alba, Meyenia Erecta Alba (White) - Plant
Thunbergia erecta is a herbaceous perennial climbing plant species in the genus Thunbergia native to western Africa.
(Inclusive of all taxes)
Shipping Rs 79 (Free Shipping on orders above 699)
Out of stock (147 Sold in last 30 days)
Note: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is replaceable but not returnable.
With this purchase you will get:
Thunbergia Erecta Alba, Meyenia Erecta Alba (White) Plant
Description for Thunbergia Erecta Alba, Meyenia Erecta Alba (White)
Plant height: 14 - 23 inches (35 - 59 cm)
Plant spread: 3 - 5 inches (7 - 13 cm)
It is best grown in organically rich, fertile, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade.
Common name(s): Thunbergia erecta, Acanthaceae, Acanthus, Meyenia erecta Mini, Meyenia White
Flower colours: White
Bloom time: August to September
Max reachable height: Up to 30 feet
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Both can survive in temperate climates if they are planted in a sheltered area. Arabian is a small bush with evergreen leaves. There are many other varieties of plant, of which are best suited for sub-tropical climates. Learning how to grow will add a striking visual and olfactory touch to the garden.
Sunlight: Full sunlight to partial shade
Soil: Well-drained soil
Temperature: 20 to 35 degrees F
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Thunbergia Erecta Alba
- Grow the plants in full sun to light shade. In hotter regions, plant where they will receive afternoon shade.
- Grow Thunbergia in rich soils to help fuel growth. Prior to planting, mix in ample amounts of compost.
- Add a general purpose fertilizer every 4-6 weeks.
- Thunbergia plants do not tolerate droughts very well.
- Keep the soil well watered, especially when young, and during hot and dry weather. If grown in containers, be vigilant that they do not dry out.
Thunbergia plants can be trimmed, as needed.
- Plants need the support of a fence, trellis or post. Train young plants to reach the support.
August to September
Typical uses of Thunbergia Erecta Alba
Special features: Trellises, arbors, fences or other structures in areas where winter hardy. Hanging baskets and other containers when grown as an annual. Houseplant.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for ornamental purpose.