With this purchase you will get:
Marginata (Dracaena marginata) Plant
Description for Marginata (Dracaena marginata)
Plant height: 14 - 22 inches (35 - 56 cm)
Plant spread: 5 - 9 inches (12 - 23 cm)
Dracaena Marginata, is a popular indoor plant originally from East Africa that is often used to adorn homes and offices. It is an attractive, stiff-leaved plant with colorful foliage that sometimes goes by the name dragon tree.
Dracaena Marginata is a very popular houseplant. Slender gray upright stems are topped by tufts of arching, glossy, sword-shaped leaves. Leaves are deep green with narrow reddish edges. Lower leaves fall off with age leaving distinctive diamond-shaped leaf scars on the stems.
Common name(s): Dragon tree
Flower colours: -
Bloom time: Summer
Max reachable height: 6 to 10 feet
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Allow your plants to settle to your location first after receiving it. Do not overwater them suddenly. Check the moisture in the soil. If it is too dry then apply water gently. Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location. Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Bright light.
Soil: Loose, well-drained potting mix.
Temperature: 10-26 Degrees Celsius
Fertilizer: Fertilize lightly at the beginning of spring or twice a year with organic fertilizer.
Caring for Marginata
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Place your plant in a place that receives indirect bright light.
- It require well-drained soil rich in organic matter.
- Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Soil must never be allowed to dry out completely.
Application of Fertilizer
- Apply organic fertilizers during spring and rainy season.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in required light condition. For re-potting procedure click here
- Wipe the dust from the leaves with a clean, damp cloth.
- Remove dead, decay and infected part of the plant.
- For insect attack apply neem oil or any organic insecticide.
Typical uses of Marginata
Special features: NASA lists Dracaena marginata as a air purifier houseplant.
Ornamental use: Used as indoor plant in home and offices.
Monday, 02 July 2018
Absolutely no complaints! Beautiful plant, great packaging, prompt delivery.
Please log in to write a review. Log in