Nephrolepis Exaltata Bosteniensis, Boston Fern - Plant
The Boston fern is the most popular of all ferns grown indoors and has been found to be one of the easiest to care for and maintain.
What makes it special:
- NASA recommended Air purifier plant
- Best plant for AC rooms
- Low maintenance plant
(Inclusive of all taxes)
Shipping Rs 79 (Free Shipping on orders above 699)
In Stock (966 Sold in last 30 days)
Note: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is replaceable but not returnable.
With this purchase you will get:
Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensis, Boston Fern Plant
6 inch (15 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensis, Boston Fern
Plant height: 5 - 8 inches (12 - 21 cm)
The Boston fern is one of the most well-known ferns and admired for its desirable traits as a houseplant. An added bonus is that Boston ferns can be displayed in any number of ways, including on pedestals, in hanging baskets, as part of a grouping, or as lush specimen plants on the right windowsill. Boston ferns are typically attractive, with long, graceful fronds bedecked with tiny leaves. It is a relatively tough fern, with a higher tolerance for light than other species, and as far as ferns go, they are more tolerant of dry conditions and easy to propagate.
Common name(s): Sword fern, Boston fern, Boston swordfern, Wild Boston fern, Boston Fern, Boston Blue Bell Fern, Tuber ladder fern, and Fishbone fern
Flower colours: NA
Bloom time: Non-flowering
Max reachable height: Up to 90 cm
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
- Do not overwater suddenly, check the moisture in the soil first. If too dry then apply water gradually.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Sunlight: Bright indirect light.
Soil: Nutrient-rich loamy soil
Temperature: 15 - 27 degrees Celsius.
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensisRefer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.Sunlight:
- Keep the plant in partial sunlight area.
- Also, keep the plant indoor condition where the bright light is available.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
For re-potting procedure click here<br?> Plant Protection:
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
Typical uses of Nephrolepis exaltata bosteniensis
Special features: The NASA Clean Air Study determined that this plant was effective at removing common household air toxins formaldehyde and xylene.
Ornamental use: Can be grown indoor and outdoor as pot plant or on garden. It can also be grown on hanging basket.