With this purchase you will get:
6 inch (15 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Calathea Corona
Plant height: 5 - 8 inches (12 - 21 cm)
Calathea zebra plants are natives of Brazil and their bright green leaves can be boldly striped in white, yellow or pink in a striking feather-like pattern that is sure to catch the eye.
Common name(s): Zebra plant.
Flower colours: -
Bloom time: -
Max reachable height: Upto 3 feet
Difficulty to grow: Easy.
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Allow your plants to settle to your location first after receiving it. Do not overwater them suddenly. Check the moisture in the soil. If it is too dry then apply water gently. Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location. Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
Sunlight: Diffused light.
Soil: Holds moisture but is also well draining. A good potting mix consists of one part soil, two parts peat moss and two parts perlite.
Water: Regular small amounts of water during the growing seasons as soon as the surface starts to dry up.
Temperature: Temperatures above 55 degrees F. (13 degrees C.) to survive and temperatures around 70 degrees F. (21 degrees C.) to thrive.
Fertilizer: Fertilize occasionally with a half strength solution of liquid fertilizer.
Caring for Calathea Corona
- Dracaena marginata plants prefer medium light but survive in lower light situations.
- Lower light slows down the growth rate and reduces the size of new leaves.
- It require well-drained soil rich in organic matter.
- Water only when the soil feels dry to touch.
- Soil must never be allowed to dry out completely.
Application of Fertilizer
- Apply organic fertilizers during spring and rainy season.
- Loosen the soil without damaging the roots. It will help the plant to uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in required light condition.
- Prune your plants in the spring before they hit the growth period as it help the plant to remain healthy.
- Always use a sharp blade or pruning shears when pruning your plants.
- If you use a dull blade, this can hurt the plant and make it more challenging for it to heal.
- Wipe the dust from the leaves with a clean, damp cloth.
- Remove dead, decay and infected part of the plant.
- For insect attack apply neem oil or any organic insecticide.
Typical uses of Calathea Corona
Ornamental use: They are showpiece to any indoor garden.
Tuesday, 26 November 2019
Simply love the plant....healthy n beautiful!!....Thankyou for the free gifts!!
Tuesday, 26 November 2019
Plants are awesome.. the quality is just fantastic. .....I gifted it to my mom on her anniversary
Friday, 22 November 2019
"I can t wait to bulk purchase again.
Please log in to write a review. Log in