Pleomele, Song Of India (Golden) - Plant
Pleomele, Song of India (Golden) is hardy, drought tolerant, low maintenance, and air purifier house plant.
What makes it special:
- Best air purifier indoor plant.
- Best plant for AC rooms.
- Low maintenance plant.
(Inclusive of all taxes)
Shipping Rs 79 (Free Shipping on orders above 399)
In Stock (1590 Sold in last 30 days)
Note: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is replaceable but not returnable.
With this purchase you will get:
Pleomele, Song of India (Golden) Plant
5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Pleomele, Song of India (Golden)
Plant height: 5 - 9 inches (12 - 23 cm)
Plant spread: 4 - 6 inches (10 - 16 cm)
This is a hardy decorative houseplant, native to Madagascar, Mauritius, and other islands of the Indian Ocean. The dracaena reflexa, Song of India, has yellow stripes on short, narrow, pointed green leaves that are spirally arranged on the stem and tufted at the branch ends. This is a slow-growing plant that can be used as a table plant, bush, or short tree. A very adaptable plant which can be grown in full sun outdoors, or in lower light levels indoors. A fantastic accent plant in tropical gardens. It is also an excellent air purifier plant according to NASA
Common name(s): Reflexed Dracaena, pleomele or song of India
Flower colours: White
Bloom time: Winter
Max reachable height: Up to 6 to 15 feet
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Check the moisture in the soil before watering it. Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water. Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Sunlight: Bright indirect light
Soil: Well-drained soil
Temperature: 18 to 24 degrees Celsius
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Pleomele
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor or outdoor with bright indirect natural light or bright indirect artifical light.
- Protect the Pleomele plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage. Soil
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Pleomele plant. Watering
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Application of Fertilizer
- Feed Pleomele plant every 2 weeks in spring and summer with organic fertilizer.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Re-potting
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition. For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Pleomele
Special features: All dracaenas can be used to help clean the air of harmful toxins.
Ornamental use: The plant is used for an ornamental purpose. It is generally keep indoor in the living room and in terrace area.