This product contains
|1||Petunia (Half Pink Half White) - Plant|
|2||6 inch (15 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
The popular flower of the same name derived its epithet from the French, which took the word petun, meaning "tobacco," from a Tupi Guarani language.
An annual, most of the varieties seen in gardens are hybrids.Petunias are one of the most popular bedding flowers.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Common Name ||Petunia (Purple Shaded),Petunia grandiflora,Grandiflora, Multiflora, Milliflora and Spreading (Wave)Ultra Petunia ,Dream Petunia, Storm Petunia ,Daddy Petunia ,Supermagic Petunia Supercascade ,Primetime Petunia, Celebrity Petunia,Carpet Petunia ,Horizon Petunia, Mirage Petunia ,Easy Wave, Shock Wave, Avalanche Petunia.|
|Maximum Reachable Height ||6 inches tall and 2 feet wide.|
|Flower Colour ||The plant carry red,pink,yellow,purple and white|
|Bloom Time ||Spring, Summer, Fall|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy yo grow|
Planting and carePetunias grow best in full sun, although they ll tolerate dappled shade, especially in hot conditions.
They need well-draining, slightly moist soil. In soggy soils, they become leggy.
Regular deadheading also improves their appearance.
An early and midsummer application of high-phosphorus fertilizer improves both blooms and vigor.
Petunias do best in full sun, but can handle partial shade, especially in hotter areas.
|Sunlight ||Most varieties prefer full sun|
|Watering ||Water them regularly|
|Soil ||They need well-draining, slightly moist soil. |
|Temperature ||The warm area and let them grow on in cooler temperatures|
|Fertilizer ||Fertilize your plants monthly to ensure good growth. Double-flowered cultivars like a biweekly dose of fertilizer.|
Petunia special feature
Attracts Birds, Fragrance, Good for Containers, Low Maintenance
- Its generally kep indoorand in terrac area
Frequently Asked Questions
When plant Petunias?
Petunias can be planted outside in May
Where to plant Petunias?
You can plant Petunia indoor or outdoor where direct sunlight is available (Approx. 3-4 hrs)
How plant Petunia seeds?
1. Select a container having 3-5 inch diameter.
2. Fill the container with well-drained soil.
3. Moisten the surface of the soil with water spray.
4. Sprinkle the seeds evenly on soil and cover with a thin soil layer.
5. Cover the seed container with a transparent plastic paper.
6. Place the seed container in indirect bright light.
7. Remove plastic wrapping once seeds start to germinate.
8. Keep the soil moist but do not make the soil soggy by overwatering.
How many Petunia plants per pot?
In 5 inches pot, you can plant 2-3 Petunia plants
When plant Petunia seeds?
You can plant Petunia seeds in the month of May
Are Petunias hardy plants?
Yes Petunia are hardy plants
How long do Petunia plants live?
Petunias are annual plants
Can I transplant Petunia plants?
Yes you can transplant Petunia.
How big do Petunia plants get?
Petunia can grow to 1.5 feet tall
How to prune Petunia plants?
1. Use your fingertips to pinch, or use a pair of hand clippers to cut back, all tips 1 or 2 inches just above leaf sets to encourage branching. Do this at planting time. 2. Prune petunias once a month, pinching or cutting stems back by one-fifth of their total length. Cut each stem just above a leaf set to encourage branching from that point. Regular prunings help prevent petunias from becoming leggy with long stems and little growth at the tips. 3 Cut long, unproductive stems back by one-half or more, as necessary. Unproductive stems contain no flowers or only have flowers growing at the tips. Always leave a minimum of one or two sets of leaves when cutting back stems.
Do rabbits eat Petunia plants?
Yes, rabbits eat young, tender shoots of Petunia
Can Petunias be planted in pots?
Yes, Petunias can be planted in Pots.
Is Petunia an indoor plant?
Yes, you can grow Petunia indoor where Direct bright light is available.
Are Petunias annual plants?
Yes, Petunias are annual plants.
How to plant Petunia in pots?
Break up the soil by digging down 6 or 8 inches, mix in some organic matter, and then smooth and level it. Dig a hole for each petunia seedling about the size of its container. Carefully pop each one from its container, set it in its hole, and then fill in the dirt around the roots, pressing gently. Do not set the seedling any deeper into the soil than it was in its container. Water generously.
Why are my Petunia plants sticky?
Petunias emit a gooey material via the tissues of their stems. The sticky stuff, in turn, travels all the way to their soft foliage. The goo is believed to be protection against insect nuisances like thrips and aphids
Why is my Petunia plant dying?
Wilting petunia flowers can also be a sign of too much water. Always check the soil around your petunias before watering – if the soil is still damp, don’t water it. Lack of sun can also lead to the wilting of petunias. Petunias prefer full sun and will produce the most flowers if they get it. They can survive in partial sun as long as they get 5 to 6 hours of direct light every day. If your petunias are in the shade, that might be your problem. Petunia wilting problems can also be a sign of insect or fungal issues:
Can Petunias be planted in the ground?
Yes, Petunias can be Planted in the Ground
How many Petunia plants in a hanging basket?
You can plant 2-3 Petunias in a hanging basket.
How to plant Petunia in hanging basket?
1. Combine one part soil mix for hanging baskets to one part loam-based potting soil. Moisten the soil mixture. Fill lined hanging baskets with soil to about 3 inches below the rim. Press down the soil lightly to compact it. 2. Soak the petunia pots in water. Cut several 2-inch slits into the hanging basket liner in an "X" shape 3 inches below the rim of the basket. Plant one seedling pot through each hole into the soil in the hanging basket. 3. Add 2 inches of soil mix to the basket, and plant some of the remaining petunia pots in a circle in the soil. Plant one or more pots in the circle center. Adjust the layout of the plants to your taste and the size of the basket. Water well. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of slow-release fertilizer beads into the soil and water again. 4. Water the hanging basket regularly, but allow the soil to dry between waterings.
When to plant Petunia hanging baskets?
Plant Petunia hanging baskets in May
Do Petunia plants spread?
Yes Petunia plants spread
Can you trim Petunia plants?
Yes, you can trim Petunia plant when it overgrows in the current pot.
Are Petunias plants perennial?
No, Petunia plants are Annual
Why is my Petunia plant turning yellow?
Yellowing of leaves may be due to Insufficient light, less or overwatering and cold temperature. So make sure your plant is getting enough amount of bright indirect sunlight, water it when the upper layer of the soil feels dry to touch. Check the moisture in the soil before watering it, Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water. Do not overwater the plant. This plant doesn’t like to sit in waterlogged soil, so drainage is important to prevent rot. Check the drainage hole to allow excess water to escape. Protect your plant from a cold climate by keeping it in a mildly warm and dry location. Feed it with any organic nitrogen-rich fertilizer once a month.
Can I plant Petunia seeds in the ground?
Yes, you can plant Petunia seeds in the ground.
Tuesday, 21 January 2020
How many plants like this needed for a 500 SQFT living hall
Thursday, 28 November 2019
Very happy with product. All the leaves were green and fresh. A very nice product in such a affordable price
Sunday, 24 November 2019
Properties of this plant makes it??great houseplants.
Please log in to write a review. Log in