With this purchase you will get:
Description for Sandersonia
Plant height: 3 - 6 inches (7 - 16 cm)
Sandersonia is an erect or suberect, deciduous, summer-growing geophyte flowering plant growing up to 1 m in height. The lance-shaped leaves are arranged alternately along the stem. This plant blooms masses of gold, bell-shaped flowers in Summer season.
Common name(s): Golden lily, Christmas bells, Geelklokkie
Flower colours: Yellow
Bloom time: Summer
Max reachable height: Up to 1 m
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
This plant is propagated by seed; sow early in the winter. Use a very well-drained potting medium and covered the seeds with a 0.4-inch potting mix.
Sunlight: Full sun
Soil: sandy loam soil
Temperature: 20 to 30 degrees C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer
Caring for Sandersonia
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
Typical uses of Sandersonia
Special features: Flower shape
Ornamental use: This plant is used for an ornamental purpose.