Kaner is commonly known as Indian oleander and Kaner which belongs to the Apocynaceae family in the genus Nerium. Kaner is an evergreen small tree that grows up to 5 meters in height. The leaves are long, simple, whorled, linear-lance late with horizontal nerves. Leaves are also attractive like flowers.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Common Name ||Nerium, Oleander, Kaner.|
|Maximum Reachable Height ||up to 5 meters.|
|Flower Colour ||Yellow.|
|Bloom Time ||year-round.|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow.|
Planting and care
At least five to six hours of sunlight a day is ideal for flowering and plant grow well in Natural bright light . Soil The soil should be well drained and rich in organic content for growing kaner plant. Watering Water the plant when the top soil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch. Do not overwater the plant. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Application of Fertilizer During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month. Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily. Plant Protection Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants. For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment. Don'ts Do not over water the plant. Avoid applying water on flowers and leaves it may cause fungus infection.
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location: Check the moisture in the soil before watering it. Poke your finger into the soil, if dry then apply water. Keep the plant in direct bright light. Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it. Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight ||Natural bright light/Indirect bright light.|
|Watering ||Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Water when topsoil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.|
|Soil ||Soil should be well drain and fertile, rich in organic content.|
|Temperature ||16 to 32 Degrees Celsius.|
|Fertilizer ||Apply any organic fertilizer.|
Kaner special feature
- A very popular ornamental shrub
- Oleander seeds and leaves are used to make medicine
- Oleander is used for heart conditions, asthma, epilepsy, cancer, painful menstrual periods, leprosy, malaria, ringworm, indigestion, and venereal disease
- medical uses - Note: The following information is general guidelines
- Be sure to ask your healthcare provider for guidelines
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Kaner plant?
Kaner (Nerium oleander) is an ornamental flowering shrub or small tree in the dogbane family
Is Kaner plant poisonous?
Yes Kaner is mildly toxic when digested
What we call Kaner plant in english?
In English Kaner is Known as Nerium oleander
How to grow Kaner plant from cutting?
Take a piece of the stem from the tree that is about 3 inches (7.5 cm.) long and has several leaves. Remove the bottom 1 inch (2.5 cm.) of leaves. Immerse the bare stem into the soil medium and mist thoroughly. It will root in about three weeks if you keep it warm and moist. Kaner plant to produce a new plant is the easiest method of propagation.
How to grow Kaner plant?
Sunlight Keep the plant outdoor and make sure your plant is getting natural bright light (Morning sunlight for 3-4 hrs)or artificial bright light. Protect the plant from direct harsh sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage. Soil The soil should be well-drained and fertile rich in organic content. Watering Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture. Water when topsoil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season. Application of Fertilizer During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month. Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
How to grow Kaner plant from seed?
1. Fill the seed-raising tray up to approximately 1/2 inch from the top with moist potting soil. Firm the soil in the container with your fingers. 2. Spread the seeds over the soil in the seed-raising tray. Sprinkle a 1/8-inch layer of soil over the seeds. Lightly tamp the soil with your fingertips so it sits firmly over the seeds. 3. Water the seeds with a spray bottle; aim to keep the soil moist, not soggy. 4. Cover the seed-raising tray with clear plastic wrap or cover to insulate the seeds and to help maintain the soil moisture until the seeds germinate. 5. Place the seed tray in a sunny area. Moisten the soil, as needed, throughout the germination process. Expect the seeds to germinate within approximately one month. 6. Transplant the seedlings to individual pots once their second set of true leaves appear. Plant them outdoors in a sun-filled area at the beginning of summer
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
This plant can be grown anywhere in the house in?indirect sunlight.
Saturday, 23 November 2019
Absolutely superb in every way
Saturday, 23 November 2019
Where did you get the round plant stands with the feet on them?
Please log in to write a review. Log in