About Miniature Rose
Note: The fragrance of Rose flowers depends on its variety and climatic conditions, hence this plant may or may not produce fragrant flowers.
Rosa is a genus of about 150 species of deciduous (occasionally evergreen) shrubs and climbers noted for their beautiful, often fragrant, single, semidouble or double flowers which are borne singly or in clusters on often prickly stems clad with 5-9 leaflets often having toothed margins.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Common Name ||Climbing miniature rose|
|Maximum Reachable Height ||Up to 10 feet|
|Flower Colour ||Rani Color|
|Bloom Time ||May to frost|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy to grow|
Planting and careDig a hole the same depth as the pot the rose came in and about a foot wider.
Carefully remove the rose from the pot and gently loosen the roots. If the plant is tightly root bound, use a sharp knife to score the sides of the root ball and try again to loosen the roots.
Add some organic matter to the soil in the hole, if needed.
Place the rose bush in the center of the hole, with the roots spread out.
Thoroughly water the newly planted bush and then apply a layer of mulch.
Miniature Rose care
Well-drained sandy loam with pH of 6-7 is suitable. Bright sunshine for a minimum of 6 hours is essential for the cultivation of roses. Apply fertilizers with little or no nitrogen content later into fall. Organic fertilizers include manure, compost, or other plant and animal products. After pruning in October and again in July the plants are manured with FYM 10 kg and 6:12:12 g of NPK per plant.
|Sunlight ||Full sun|
|Soil ||Well drained soil|
|Temperature ||Around 68 degrees F|
|Fertilizer ||Apply fertilizers with little or no nitrogen content later into fall. Organic fertilizers include manure, compost, or other plant and animal products. |
Miniature Rose special feature
Roses have a mild tea fragrance. Deep green foliage. Also may be grown as a self-supporting shrub.
Miniature Rose uses
- It is used for the ornamental plant
- The rose hip, usually, is used as a minor source of Vitamin C
- The fruits of many species have significant levels of vitamins and have been used as a food supplement
- Many roses have been used in herbal and folk medicines
- Some species have been used for stomach problems, and are being investigated for controlling cancer growth
Note: Used only after consulting the specialist
- Rose hips are occasionally made into jam, jelly, marmalade, and soup or are brewed for tea, primarily for their high vitamin C content
- They are also pressed and filtered to make rose hip syrup
- Rose petals or flower buds are sometimes used to flavor ordinary tea or combined with other herbs to make herbal teas
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Rose plant need direct sunlight?
Rose plant need 6 hours of natural direct bright sunlight ant it is ideal for better growth and flowering.
When to prune Rose plants?
Prune the Rose plant in October and November to get quality flowers.
What fertilizer can be used for Rose plants?
To get best quality flowers of Rose use any organic fertilizer.
Why Rose plant leaves turn yellow?
The main reasons of Rose leaves turning yellow are as follows 1. Due to over watering to plant. 2.Rose plant does not get proper sunlight. 3.Lack of Nutrient. 4.Disease infestation.
Do Rose plants need full sun?
Rose plant needs atleast 3-6 hours of natural direct bright sunlight for better growth and flowering.
When to water Rose plant?
Water the plant in morning hours when 1-2 inch surface soil layer feels dry to touch.
Which Rose plant is best?
Best Rose plant is decided on the basis their use or purpose
1. For pot culture miniature and dwarf varieties are best. 2.For Fragrance damask Rose. 3.For garden display floribunda are best
How to grow Rose plant in a pot?
To grow Rose in pot consider the following points.
1. Variety- Miniature and dwarf varieties should be selected for the pot culture.
2. Potting mixture- Potting mixture should be nutrient rich
3.Pot- Select pot with appropriate size (More than minimum 7 inch diameter)and drainage hole.
Why my Rose plant is dying?
The main reasons of dying Rose plant is as follows
1. Over watering to Rose plant.
2. No proper sunlight
3. Heavy infestation of Pest and Disease.
How often should Rose plants be watered?
Water the plant as per requirement by checking 1-2 inch layer of surface soil feels dry to touch then water the Rose plant.
Can Rose plant survive winter?
Yes Rose plant survive in winter but not at chilling temperature.
How to grow Rose plant at home?
To grow Rose plant at your home consider the following points. 1. Sunlight- At least 3-6 hours of natural direct bright light is required.
2. Soil- Soil or potting mixture should be well drained, fertile and nutrient rich.
3. Water- Water the plant when 1-2 inch surface soil layer feels dry to touch.
4. Special Practices- Timely Pruning is necessary to increase the number of flowers.
Why Rose plant is not flowering?
The most general reasons of not flowering Rose plant are as follows.
1. Lack of proper nutrient ( mainly Phosphorus).
2.Improper water and sunlight availability.
Is Rose plant good for home?
Yes, Rose plant is best flowering plant for home by various attractive color and fragrance which spreads happiness in home.
Can a Rose plant grow indoors?
Yes, Rose plant grow indoor (Like Window sills etc.) but 3-6 hours a day natural direct bright sunlight is required.
How long do Rose plants last?
Rose plants are perennial plants and with proper care and management can survive for years.
Are Rose plants poisonous for animals?
No, Rose plants are not poisonous but eating of Rose with thorns by animal may cause damage to them.
How to Rose plant grow faster?
To grow Rose plant faster consider the following points 1. Provide proper nutrient 2. Adequate water and suitable growing condition.
Can Rose plant grow without sunlight?
No, Rose plant require at least 3-6 hours of natural direct bright sunlight.
Thursday, 23 January 2020
I Bought this product and received quickly .Quality wise awesome
Wednesday, 27 November 2019
?Is it real plant or artificial ???
Tuesday, 26 November 2019
VERY nice im so Happy for this plant
Please log in to write a review. Log in