Portulaca, 9 O Clock (Any Color) - Plant
Portulaca is a truly beautiful low growing ground cover type plant. It is also best for hanging purpose.
(Inclusive of all taxes)
Shipping Rs 79 (Free Shipping on orders above 399)
In Stock (2260 Sold in last 30 days)
Note: Image is for reference purpose only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc. Product is replaceable but not returnable.
With this purchase you will get:
Portulaca, 9 O Clock (Any Color) Plant
5 inch Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
Description for Portulaca, 9 O Clock (Any Color)
Plant height: 0.7 - 1.2 inches (1 - 4 cm)
Plant spread: 3 - 5 inches (7 - 13 cm)
Interesting Fact: Portulaca is also known as 9 O clock plant as it blooms approximately at 9 O clock in the morning in India, making it a very interesting plant!!
This product does not have the flowers at the time of shipping. Afterward, the plant will bloom and it could be of any colored flower.
Portulaca flowers are truly beautiful in various garden and landscape settings and have been used to beautify old structures and stone walkways.
Portulaca is another clue to the wonderful drought tolerance of a perennial succulent flowering plant. Many varieties of portulaca have semi-double to fully double flowers that resemble miniature roses. Flowers blooms in bright colors, like yellow, orange, red, and bright pink, white, cream, and variegated flower colors are also available.
Common name(s): Eleven O Clock, Purslane, and Sun Plant
Flower colours: Any color
Bloom time: Summer season
Max reachable height: Up to 50 cm
Difficulty to grow: Easy to grow
Planting and care
Portulacas love it hot and dry. You can plant them in poor, even sandy, soil. They also adapt to average garden conditions. Just give them full sun and any well-drained soil. Water them after planting and watch them go.
Propagation of portulaca is seeds and cutting. Best season of planting is early monsoon and spring season.
Sunlight: Full sunlight
Soil: Sandy well-drained soils.
Temperature: 20 to 30 degree C
Fertilizer: Apply any organic fertilizer.
Caring for Portulaca
- Water a plant when the soil feels dry to touch. Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10am.
- You should remove dead, infected, or damaged plant parts and throw in the garbage collector.
- You should prune and fertilize a plant mostly in the spring season.
- When a plant grows beyond its limit and pot size not providing enough space for the spread of roots, re-pot with fresh soil and some fertilizer.
- While re-potting, try not to disturb the roots. Avoid any drastic change in the provided environment otherwise, the plants may get stress/shock.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Typical uses of Portulaca
Special features: Beautiful, bright colored flower
Ornamental use: Portulaca is used as the ornamental plant.