This product contains
|1||Bhui Amla - Plant|
|2||6 inch (15 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
About Bhui Amla
Phyllanthus amarus is an annual herb 60 to 75 cm tall, quite glabrous. Root is stout and woody. Stems are often branched at base and angular. Leaves are numerous, sub-sessile, distichous, stipulate and paripinnate with small leaflets. The leaflets are oblong, having nerve obscure and base rounded.
Root is stout tortuous and woody.
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
|Common Name ||Indian gooseberry, Bhumi amla, Bhumyamalki, Amlaki, adiphala, dhatri, amalaka, amali, amalakamu, usirikai, Anola, Amlika, nellikai, malacca tree, nillika, nellikya, emblic.|
|Maximum Reachable Height ||Up to 60 to 75 cm|
|Flower Colour ||Yellow|
|Bloom Time ||July-August.|
|Difficulty Level ||Easy|
Planting and careDuring summer, the plants should be mulched with paddy or wheat straws. .
Drip irrigation yield better results.
Bhui Amla care
The land is prepared in the month of April-May. Before sowing one deep cultivator is required. 2-3 tillering is good to improve the soil. The distance between beds must be at 30-40 cm.
|Sunlight ||Full sunlight|
|Watering ||dry season if monsoon rains are scanty|
|Soil ||calcareous well drained and light textured soils|
|Temperature ||15 to 46 degree C.|
|Fertilizer ||Use any organic manures.|
|Harvest Season ||Mature fruits, other plant parts are harvested. |
Bhui Amla special feature
Bhumi Amla is a medicinal plant used in India. It has several medicinal properties such as hepatoprotective, antiviral, anticancer, anti-diabetic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
Bhui Amla uses
- It is used in local herbal medicine there for poor appetite, constipation, typhoid fever, flu and colds
- A paste of plants leaves mixed in buttermilk is prescribed for jaundice
- Alternatively, the paste is also mixed in goat’s milk and given for the ailment
- It tones up liver and must be taken when there are symptoms of jaundice
- It is used for the urine and genital disorders
- For the enlargement of the spleen and liver the juice of the root mixed with rice water given orally
- Herb is used in hyperacidity, peptic ulcer, dyspepsia, loss of appetite and diarrhoea
- For malaria fever, the paste of the whole plant mixed in buttermilk is given internally
- It is a sure remedy for intestinal worms, amoeba and cystitis
- Ground leaves give a cooling effect, encourages conception in women
- The root and seeds are ground into dry powder or wet paste and mixed with rice water and given as the home remedy for menopause disorders
- A paste of Bhui Amla leaves is mixed in rice water is prescribed for ulcers, sores and swellings
- Its root is given to sleepless children
- It is topically applied to insisted lesions and inflammation affection
- Leaves are ground and applied externally on bone fracture
- It is beneficial for the treatment of disorders due to its antiseptic, febrifuge and diuretic actions
- Used in the treatment of Anemia, Asthma, Bronchitis, Cough, Diuretic, Dysentery, Gonorrhea, Hepatitis, Jaundice, Thirst, Tuberculosis, Tumor (Abdomen)
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist
Frequently Asked Questions
What is another name for a Bhui Amla ?
Bhui Amla is commonly known as Indian gooseberry, Bhumi amla, Bhumyamalki, Amlaki, adiphala, dhatri, amalaka, amali, amalakamu, usirikai, Anola, Amlika, nellikai, malacca tree, nillika, nellikya, emblic.
How tall do Bhui Amla grow?
On average Bhui Amla grows Up to 60 to 75 cm
What color are Bhui Amla ?
A Bhui Amla plant bears flowers of color Yellow
When Bhui Amla blooms?
With enough light, Bhui Amla may produce Yellow flowers in July-August.
How hard is Bhui Amla to grow?
How much sunlight does a Bhui Amla need?
A Bhui Amla prefers Full sunlight
How much water does a Bhui Amla need?
A Bhui Amla prefers watering dry season if monsoon rains are scanty
What kind of soil does a Bhui Amla need?
A Bhui Amla prefers calcareous well drained and light textured soils
What temperature does a Bhui Amla like?
A Bhui Amla prefers 15 to 46 degree C.
How often should I fertilize my Bhui Amla ?
To encourage Bhui Amla growth, Use any organic manures.
Thursday, 13 February 2020
What is Botanical name of this plant?
Tuesday, 26 November 2019
Good packaging and good plants& Nice deals...
Monday, 25 November 2019
when I put the plant indoors totally, it started having yellow leaves.
Please log in to write a review. Log in